Big Blue

Your POV

I smile through the kiss as I run my fingers through JD's hair. He kisses me softly over and over and I feel myself falling in love. He loves me for who I am and that's all I ever wanted. As well as being madly in love, we also share the same hate for students in our grade. Heather Chandler. The top Heather. She rules the school in a higher power more than any US President I could ever think of. She is the almighty. Guys want to be with her, girls wants to be her. Everyone loves her. Except JD and I. We hate her guts almost equally. JD can't stand the materialism and how she's 'Little Miss Perfect' all the time. I can't help but agree with him. So, we decide to play a rather cruel prank on Heather Chandler so she can feel how we feel. We sneak into Heather's home. Her parents are gone doing some rich parent stuff I could never imagine. As we creep in through the glass sliding doors on her patio, we enter her kitchen. Her kitchen is avant-garde and everything you would ever expect to be in Heather Chandler's home. Marble, wood, spotless tables and floors. It looked it was the ballroom of a palace. I decide we would "poison" her with some milk and orange juice. Maybe put a phlegm globber in it or something. JD looks around the kitchen for something else that could do more damage than just milk and orange juice. He then finds a bottle of Hull drain cleaner. He then says with a mischievous smirk on his face "I say we go with big blue here!" as he points to the bottle. He pours the blue liquid into a glass cup.
"Are you crazy? That stuff will kill her. Also, she would never drink anything that looked like that anyways" I say in a know it all tone. He then grabs a white mug and pours the drain cleaner in there.
"Would this work?" he asks. I scoff and shake my head. I then pour the milk and orange juice into an identical mug. I lean in to kiss him and our lips meet for a few seconds. I look at him longingly as I grab a grab a mug on the counter. I walk to the room Heather must be in, since there is a "KEEP OUT!" sign on the door painted in bright red, her signature color.
"Hey y/n..?" he asks.
"Yeah?" I reply, waiting for an answer. A couple seconds pass.
"Never mind.. I'll carry the mug" he says. I shrug my shoulders and hand him the mug. He opens the door.
"Good morning, Heather" I say mockingly.
"What are you two bozos doing here?" Heather asks angrily.
"We got lost on our way to hell. Wondering if you could help us out" JD says sarcastically. I chuckle.
"Actually, we knew you were at that college party last night and wanted to give you a hangover treatment. It's a homemade recipe my mom taught me" I say nonchalantly. Heather didn't seem to care that we basically broke into her home.
"Do you assholes really believe I would drink that?" Heather asks, staring at us. JD nods.
"It really works, Heather I promise!" I say trying to convince her.
"Ugh. Fine. Give me the stupid cup" Heather says finally defeated. I smirk in anticipation for what's to come. JD looks at me as Heather takes a long uninterrupted gulp of the drink. She lowers the cup, then immediately starts choking. I start to get confused. Is she choking? She grabs at her throat. Her mouth is blue. Oh no! I grabbed the wrong cup! She breathlessly walks 2 steps forward and chokes out "Corn Nuts!" and slams through the glass table in front of her. I stand there shocked with my hand over my mouth.
"Oh my god. I can't believe it. I just killed Heather Chandler!" I say, eyes wide.
"And your worst enemy!" JD says, trying to lighten the mood. I sit down at Heather's desk.
"What are we going to tell the cops?" JD asks, staring at Heather. Then I remember.. the cops!
"Oh no! The cops!" I say putting my head in my hands. What have I done? I can't believe this is my life. I'm going to have to send my SAT scores to San Quentin instead of Stanford.
"Alright, just a little freaked here! At least you got what we wanted" JD says.
"Got what we wanted?!" I yell. "It's one thing to want somebody out of your life, but it's another thing to serve them a wakeful cup of liquid drainer!"
"Okay. We did a murder, and that's a crime, but what if this were like a suicide thing?" JD says.
"A suicide thing?" I ask, confused.
"Yeah. You can copy handwriting right?" I nod. I've done Heather's homework for her once or twice so I got her handwriting down cold. I reach into the drawer and pull out a red notebook. JD hands me a pen and with JD's instructions, I begin to write Heather Chandler's suicide note..
You might think what I've done is shocking. To me though, suicide is the natural answer to the myriad of problems life has given me. People think just because you're beautiful and popular, life is easy and fun. No one understood, I had feelings too. I die knowing no one knew the real me.
"That's good" I say. "Have you done this before?" Then there is silence.