Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It

Your POV
*time skip 3 days*

The aftermath of Heather Chandler's "suicide" was unlike anything I've ever seen. Guilt wracked me, but the school has never been the same. Rumors are spreading like "she did it because her parents beat her" "she had an eating disorder" "she was sexually assaulted" and other bullshit like that. Obviously I knew what really happened but that only stayed between JD and I. In English, out teacher, Ms. Fleming, decided to let us speak our emotions about the "suicide" To I guess limit the chances of another one.
"I'm just so thrilled to finally have an example of the profound sensitivity of which a human animal is capable. And that example is Heather Chandler." Ms. Fleming says. I roll my eyes in disgust. If only she really knew.
"I have her note!" Ms. Fleming says. Gasps fill the room, including my own. How did she get that?
"Now, I'm going to pass this note around he class so you can all feel it's pathetic beauty for yourself. And while we do this, I think it's a good opportunity to share the feeling that this suicide has spurred in all of us. Now who would like to begin?" Ms. Fleming says.
"I heard it was really gnarly. She sucked down a bowl of multi-purpose deodorizing disinfectant and then smash!" says Tracy.
"Alright, now lets not rehash the coroner's report. Let's talk emotions" Ms. Fleming says.
"Heather and I used to go out but she said I was boring. But now I realize I really wasn't boring, it's just that she was dissatisfied with her life" says Peter Dawson. I stare at him in disbelief and shock.
"That's very good, Peter" Ms. Fleming says in a comforting tone. This is all too much and I feel the urge to laugh come up. It comes out and I quickly cover it up by fake crying. Westerburg High then decided to interview people who knew Heather to get their opinions on what she was like and all that crap. At JD's house, we sit on the couch and watch the interviews on his TV.
"You know, we were the same size, so sometimes we could borrow each other's clothes and mix it up. It was fun" said Heather Duke.
"I remember I won her a rhino at the 4th club fair" said Peter Dawson.
"God he's such an asshole. Mute him" I instruct for JD.
"Heather Chandler's more popular than ever now" exclaims JD.
"Scary stuff" I say.
Suddenly, a man JD's height with grey hair walks in the room. I could only assume it's his dad.
"Hey, son, I didn't hear you come in" JD says to his dad.
"Hey, Dad, how was work today?" JD's dad says. He then proceeds to climb onto the treadmill and starts walking at a slow pace. "It was miserable."
JD and I look at each other in confusion and JD rolls his eyes.
"Gosh, Dad, I almost forgot to introduce my girlfriend" JD's Dad says.
"y/n this is my Dad, Dad, y/n" JD introduces us.
"Hi" I say, holding out my hand. JD's dad doesn't shake it.
"Son, why don't you ask your little friend to stay for dinner?" JD asks towards his father. I immediately jump up out of my seat on the couch and stand up. I have to escape this awkward situation.
"Uh. I can't! My mom's making my favorite meal tonight. Spaghetti lots of oregano" I say.
"How nice. Last time I saw my mom, she was waving from a library window in Texas. Right, Dad?" JD says, looking at his Dad. JD's Dad stops moving on the treadmill and stares at JD.
"Right, Son" JD's dad says to JD. I look at the both of them, slightly concerned.
I turn to leave and JD waves at me.