Chapter 2

"Martha." Paul exclaimed in utter shock as the dog began to jump on him with joy. He kneeled down to pet her for a moment, scratching under her ears with a large toothy grin.

I picked up my jaw from the ground trying to comprehend how the previous events had lead me to this exact moment.

If I had known today would be the day where I met someone famous I wouldn't have agreed to wear this stupid and uncomfortable outfit. I shifted uncomfortably pulling the dress down farther feeling self conscious.

Paul stood up once again and beamed at me.

"Thank you so much, Miss," He trailed off, not knowing my name.

"Oh, um, Charlotte, or, just Charlie." I grinned nervously trying to keep myself composed although I felt breathless and frozen in place.

"Hello just Charlie, I'm Paul." He smiled charmingly as he held out a hand for me to shake, causing me to blush furiously.

My eyes fell down to his outfit for a moment, he wore a pair of maroon jeans and a light brown patterned button up shirt which made me grin in awe.

Meanwhile I probably looked extremely uncomfortable and anxious in this snug outfit.

I noticed his dark brown hair blew freely in the light breeze that was sweeping past us and his brown eyes glimmered in the sunlight.

"I- I know." I spoke awkwardly with a small grin as I shook his warm hand.

His grin lingered as his gaze locked onto me.

"I've been looking for Martha everywhere, allow me to repay you love." He spoke suddenly with a wink, reaching for his back pocket and pulling out his wallet.

"Oh, no, I don't need to be repaid. Martha almost got hit by a car on the street and I just wanted to see that she got home safely." I shook my head rejecting the money.

Paul looked taken aback slightly in surprise.

"Can I at least make you something then? A tea?" He offered politely pointing back to his house while he opened the gate further to let Martha get back inside, looking at me with confusion.

"Oh it's alright, I have to go meet a friend anyway, brunch." I spoke rolling my eyes at the word in annoyance, feeling slightly more comfortable around him.

He chuckled, amused at my annoyance.

My face was most likely a bright tomato red, I had never met a celebrity before and I had totally been caught off guard seeing him today of all days.

Although I really wanted to go into his house, I knew Audrey would never speak to me again if I bailed on her today. She was already furious the times I had previously canceled on her and this time I thought it finally might just drive her over the edge.

"Right, Of course." He nodded with his lips in a thin line understandingly.

"Well, thank you so much for bringing Martha back home. I don't know what I would've done if something happened to her." He looked worriedly down at the dog by his feet that was starring up at me, tongue still hung out the side of her mouth.

"It's no trouble at all." I reassured him with a smile.

He looked like he was about to say something but stopped himself, remaining quiet.

"Bye Paul, bye Martha." I giggled before turning to start to walk back.

Martha barked a couple times from the gateway as if to say 'goodbye'.

"Erm, wait, I didn't get your, last name." Paul called from behind me hastily.

I smiled widely as my back was turned to him.

"Gray." I turned back around hiding my excitement for a moment, seeing his face light up at my response.

"Charlotte Gray." He repeated smiling, sending a shiver down my spine.

I turned back around and my eyes widened in shock, I had just met a Beatle.

I really enjoyed the Beatle's music, but I had never expected to meet one of them, and I definitely hadn't expected to be so calm when I did. I felt as if I were dreaming.

No one would ever believe if I told them what had just happened. I barely believe what had just happened.

I picked up the pace as I walked to the country club knowing well Audrey would be irritated with me for taking so long already.

The things I did for her blew my mind sometimes. Next I'll be turning down Mick Jagger for a drink after saving his cat because of her.

"Thank god." I sighed after finally seeing the country club I was headed towards.

My feet were killing me in the high heels Audrey had given me to wear, I could barley walk by the time I walked through the big fancy entrance.

"May I help you?" The older man at the hostess stand asked me examining me up and down with slight bitterness.

"I'm meeting-" I began meekly.

"-Charlotte! Over here!" Audrey called loudly over to me, making both the hostess' head and mine snap over to her direction.

She was waving me over excitedly, a huge smile spreading across her face as she was sat down at a table with Ben and Oliver.

I ducked my head down in embarrassment as the hostess looked back at me with distaste.

"Go ahead." The man stared at me with a disapproving look.

I put my head down as I walked to the table I saw Audrey sitting at, mortified.

"Charlotte, I'd like you to meet Oliver. Oliver, Charlotte." Audrey grinned as Oliver stood up with a large upbeat smile.

"It's nice to meet you." He smirked showing his perfectly white teeth.

He was much taller than I was, probably over six feet with a pompadour hairstyle resembling Elvis' with his brown hair, bright piercing blue eyes and thick rimmed glasses much like Buddy Holly. He had a manly build with some muscle, hidden under the blue cardigan he wore with a white button up shirt and tie underneath.

He held out his hand and I shook it uncomfortably.

"And you as well." I grinned awkwardly.

We both sat back down and I couldn't help but tense up under Oliver's intense stare, he seemed to be examining me very intently.

I grabbed the glass of water and brought it to my lips, taking a sip.

"What took you so long Charlie? Saw someone you knew?" Audrey's boyfriend Ben asked jokingly.

I began to choke on my water at his question, he had no idea.

I shook my head with a blush.

Audrey narrowed her eyes questioningly at me.

"So, Oliver, tell us about yourself." Audrey began happily, turning back to him with a smile.

Here we go.

"Well, I work for my father at the accounting firm Ben and I work at, I-" I heard him begin before completely blocking him out.

I didn't know why I was so turned off by this whole thing but I felt so uneasy about this whole thing. I wasn't even sure if I liked Oliver, from what it seemed like he probably gets everything handed to him, him working for his father and everything. I'm sure his type was a rich daddy's boy who never worked hard a day in his life.

I began to daydream about Paul while I pretended to listen to the conversation at the table.

He was much better looking in person, which I had no idea was even possible until I saw him.

He was such a gentleman, which I didn't anticipate at all. Maybe it was because every man I've encountered only really cares about his possessions and never thought twice about someone else, but Paul seemed so different.

I don't think I'd ever forget meeting him.