Chapter 19

"We're here." Paul whispered softly into my ear, pulling me slowly into consciousness.

My eyes slowly blinked open, realizing I'd fallen asleep on Paul's shoulder during the plane ride.

The ride had been about nine hours, having had a layover in Boston halfway through the trip. The entire time I had drank enough complementary champagne to make myself nearly drunk off my arse just to calm my nerves, which is likely the reason I decided to take a nap on Paul's shoulder.

I lifted my head from Paul, hearing the sounds of boisterous screams, causing me to feel uneasy before realizing it was the thousands of Beatle fans waiting impatiently to catch a glimpse of the boys outside.

"How long was I out?" I asked groggily, wiping sleep away from my eyes.

"Only a couple of hours." Paul shrugged with a dopey grin.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier? I probably got drool all over you." I laughed with a tinge of pink in my cheeks, wiping his shoulder.

He looked at me with a lighthearted chuckle, shaking his head amused.

"As much as I'd like to watch the two of you shag, we've got to go." John spoke as he walked by the two of us, his full body cringing at Paul and I.

"Someones grumpy. Miss nap time Johnny?" George asked John with a smug smirk as he walked by leading Pattie to the exit door with their hand intertwined sweetly.

"I know I did." Ringo huffed tiredly with dark circled under his eyes as he followed behind George and Pattie.

Paul rolled his eyes with a smile and stood up, myself soon following his lead, putting my sunglasses back on and grabbing my hat from my purse.

"You don't have to do all that love." Paul looked sorrowful as watched me attempt to put my hair back in the newsboy hat.

"Well, you just ended things with Jane, won't they be upset?" I whispered the last part slightly intimidated by the giant amount of fans that were beyond the airplane doors.

"It doesn't matter what they think of you. I like you. If they don't like that, they're no fans of mine." Paul spoke with a firm nod, his expression soft as he gazed into my eyes thoughtfully.

I smiled, taking the hat and the glasses off, still feeling slight tenseness. I don't know if I was prepared for what was ahead, but there was nowhere to go but forward.

I walked off the plane after the boys with Pattie, allowing them to get their press photographs without interfering.

"We're the enemy to some of them." Pattie whispered to me while smiling to the crowd of young girls and boys screaming for joy as we walked down the steps of the plane.

My eyes widened significantly thinking about what she meant as some stray cameras snapped photographs of us, left behind from the boys.

I was surprised Pattie said anything to me at all, I knew she wasn't my biggest fan.

"Right." I nodded in complete shock.

My nerves were shot as my knees buckled looking at the crowd and the boys farther ahead of us grabbing their luggage.

"Word of advice; don't let them see you crack." Pattie whispered looking down at my shaky hands.

"Right." I said again, swallowing a large lump in the back of my throat.

Policemen escorted all of us into cars that came to pick us up to bring us to the hotel, where an immediate conference was arranged for the boys. I figured out quickly this trip would be anything but relaxing.