Chapter 17

"Jane." Paul spoke sorrowfully as he stood back to his feet.

"I forgave you for a lot of things Paul. But this?" She motioned between the two of us.

"Sneaking around with a girl you picked up off the street who helped find Martha?" She looked at him in complete disbelief and disgust.

"Jane," Paul began.

"No Paul. I'm tired of telling myself you love me and care for me when it's quite obvious you'd rather throw it all away for some skag you met yesterday." She scoffed.

It hurt to hear because it was true. I felt disgusted with myself all over again like when I'd found out about Jane, I was absolutely ridden with guilt. The pain etched on Jane's face made my heart break for her.

I couldn't imagine what she was feeling, but I'm not sure I would be so collected if I were in her position. Maybe in some sense, she had prepared herself for this moment.

Paul looked at the ground, unable to look Jane in the eyes shamefully.

"Goodbye Paul." Jane spat before turning and storming off.

Paul stayed standing a couple steps ahead of me, his back facing me as I got up.

"I'm sorry." Was I could manage to utter, in disbelief of what had just happened.

"I think you should go." Paul spoke quietly, seeming serious.

"What?" My expression dropped into confusion.

"You heard me." He snapped.

A moment passed of silence. My heart began to sink and my throat tightened. Maybe all I was to him was someone to cheat on Jane with like she'd said.

"Fine." I mumbled meekly.

"God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." He turned around his head to face me, a complete distraught and sorrowful look on his face realizing what he was doing.

"No, I understand, I'll just leave you alone yeah?" I nodded shyly with slight bitterness I began to turn when Paul stopped me.

"Please don't leave." He begged grabbing ahold of my hand.

"What do you want from me?" I asked defensively, looking at him quizzically.

He locked eyes with me for a moment.

"Everything." He spoke simply after a moment, his lips curling upwards softly as his eyes seemed glossier, full of different emotions.

What he said threw me off guard, causing my expression to lift as he leaned down to place a passionate kiss on my lips, pulling me closer to him until I could feel his heart beat pounding against his ribs.

When we parted Paul leaned his forehead to mine, looking into my eyes.

"Jane and I, we were broken a long time ago, I know that," he gulped.

"I'm sorry." He spoke distraught.

A moment of silenced passed between the two of us before I pulled my forehead away from his.

"It's alright," I smiled cupping his face in my hand.

He still looked destroyed however, and I was willing to do anything to make him happy, I hated seeing him so sad. I knew it wasn't the ideal way he'd wanted to tell Jane, because although he didn't love her as he once had, he had still cared for her a great deal.

"I'll go." I smiled faintly.

"Go where?" A look of confusion crossed his features.

"On tour with you, if you'll still have me." I grinned putting my hands on his chest, still in his arms.