Chapter 11: Fertilizer

Frank

I don't know why but I'm driving Chanel to rehab. We haven't talked since yesterday. The car ride so far has been annoyingly quiet. She started flipping through radio channels. I didn't even look at her. I really can't. I can't believe she doesn't love me. After everything, I've done for her... Just get over it, Frank. There are more fishes out there. 

I continued to look at the road. I barely check my mirrors. I could see her look at me in my peripheral. Like she wanted to tell me something but she would look back out the window. I don't want her talking to me anyway. She really shouldn't be looking at me either. Yeah, I'm mad. Can you blame me? 

She continued to play around with the radio. It was starting to annoy me. I don't want her touching my car anymore. I should have made her drive her own damn car. Nefertiti doesn't deserve this. Neither do I. I lowered my foot on the gas making Neff go faster. I want her out of my car as soon as possible. I might get a speeding ticket but YOLO. 

We finally made it. She took her seat belt off and got out the car. Normally, I would turn the car off but this time that's not happening. She got her bag from the backseat. I put the car in drive and she turned around looking at me confused.

CJ- You're not coming in?

Frank- No.

CJ- Can you please?

Frank- No.

CJ- Why do you have an attitude? You wanted me to come here so that's what I'm doing.

Frank- I'm fine.

CJ- You're being a dick.

Frank- Well it is what I have.

She rolled her eyes & scoffed. Then stormed off. I smiled to myself and turned off the car and followed behind her. I stood behind her as she checked herself in. I stood off as they gave us a tour. I had my arms crossed and an uninterested look on my face the whole time. I want to go get a burger right now. Maybe some ice cream too. Yeah, that sounds good. 

Chanel kept looking at me when they would say something she liked. I didn't look at her. I just looked at the tour guide. The tour guide was a thick ass Asian woman. I would definitely let her have some of me. Hell yeah. I was checking her out the whole time. She caught me a few times but I didn't care. YOLO. Then it was time for Chanel to move in. She had a room on the second floor. I stood at the doorway as she made herself comfortable. I was too busy looking at the other people walking around.

CJ- Hello? I'm talking to you.

I slowly turned my attention to her.

Frank- Yeah?

CJ- I have an hour before it's time for me to go schedule things.

Frank- Okay?

CJ- I was wondering if we could make love before you leave?

I looked her in her eyes. She was looking very serious. I started laughing and she looked upset.

Frank- I'm not making love to someone who doesn't love me. 

CJ- Frank?

I walked out before she goes any further. I don't want to hear her bullshit. On my way out I ran into the thick ass Asian woman.

TAAW- Thanks for bringing her. We will try to help her as much as possible. 

Frank- She needs a lot of help.

TAAW-  I'm sure. So are you her husband or?

Frank- (laughs) No. I'm an old friend of hers. We aren't anything serious.

I watched her as she smiled. She wanted some Frankie. I would give her some too. 

TAAW- I'm Lee by the way.

Frank- Frank.

Lee- Nice to meet you, Frank. So I don't usually do this but... would you like to go out sometime?

I laughed to myself as I stroked my chin. Probably making her melt some more. I didn't even think about it. I said yes and watched her smile hard. She got a pen and wrote her number on my hand. I smiled as I saw each number appear on my hand. I told her I would see her Thursday night. I watched her walk away. I looked up and saw Chanel watching me. I gave her a look and walked out the building unlocking my car and finally driving off before she could say anything to me. 

Later that night, I was in my living room drinking some alcohol when my phone started to vibrate. I picked up and saw I had a text from Chanel. I ignored it and continued to drink and watch TV. The phone started vibrating like crazy and I looked again. Four messages from Chanel. What does she want with me? I looked and read the messages. She was telling how she was sorry and how she was gonna change and blah blah blah. Part of me wanted to believe her. The other part of me thought it was complete bullshit. I got a call from her but hit ignore. She texts me again. I read it then I turned my phone off. What she said in that text was a lie. She doesn't love me. She said it herself. I don't have time for this bullshit.