Chapter 15: Denim

Frank

I woke up to that chilling voicemail from Chanel. I wanted to help her but I can't keep doing this to myself. I got in my car and drove around town. Maybe she's out walking around. I went downtown near the hotel I let her stay at. There was no sign of her. I pulled over and called her. Her phone went straight to voicemail. Maybe I should go check on her. 

I go back to the hotel and go to the front desk and got the key. I got on the elevator and go up to the penthouse. I walked in and it looked nice as fuck. Penthouses are always nice. I looked around and saw Chanel's bag of her things on the floor. Her clothes were next to it. I went into the bedroom and saw her laying in the bed face down. I saw her legs had huge black markings on them. She wasn't even under the covers I knew she had to be very exhausted. I shook her.

Frank- Chanel?

She didn't move at all. It worried me.

Frank- (shaking her) Chanel? Chanel wake up!

Her eyes fluttered open and she groaned. 

Frank- Are you alright?

CJ- (slowly turning over) What are you doing here?

Frank- I got your message. I wanted to help you.

CJ- It's too late now Chris.

She called me Chris again. Just like the voicemail.

Frank- How so?

She slowly pulled back her robe. I saw her naked body covered in blackened bruises. Some even looked like boot prints. I felt so bad for her. Then she slowly pulled her robe back on herself. I sat carefully next to her. I can't imagine the pain she's in. 

CJ- I have been handled. You were too late. 

Frank- Is he still after you?

CJ- Yes.

Frank- What is he gonna do?

CJ- I don't know Chris. Whatever he wants.

Frank- I'll pay the hotel to let you stay here for a month.

CJ- You don't have to do that. I'm not even gonna run anymore.

Frank- He may kill you, Chanel.

CJ- I know. I'll be with my family then.

Frank- Don't think like that. You're just gonna leave me like that.

CJ- My life was better when my grandmother and parents were around.

Frank- What if I told you I needed you. You can't leave me, Chanel. I love you.

She looked deep in my eyes searching for the truth.

CJ- I love you too.

I laid down next to her and pulled her onto me. I kissed her on her forehead.

Frank- Get some rest. Your body needs to heal

She went back to sleep soon after. I ended up falling to sleep myself. This bed was so damn comfortable. And it felt great having Chanel with me. We fit perfectly together. I opened my eyes again. The room was lit in an orange color. The sun must have been set. Then what happened earlier replayed in my mind. Then it hit me. I didn't feel Chanel's body weight on me. I looked around and she was nowhere in sight. 

Frank- Chanel?

No answer. I got up and walked out of the bedroom into the main area of the penthouse. She was laying on the couch watching some film on TV.