Chapter 14: We All Try Part Two

Chanel

Here I am again at Frank's place. Begging him to let me stay with him again. I'm making a fool out of myself. His neighbors look at me like I'm crazy, but I don't care. I don't want to have a one night stand with Duchess and Mack and I sure don't want to work extra hours at the club. So far he hasn't answered his door. I continue to bang on his door and call for him.

CJ- Frank? Frank? Frank?

My arm was hurting so bad now, but I continued to bang and bang on his door. 

CJ- Frank?!

Then I heard a voice through the door. It was Frank of course. He didn't sound very happy.

Frank- (irritated & quickly) What do you want Chanel?

CJ- Please... let me stay with you again.

Frank- Now why would I do that?

CJ- I promise I'll be good this time.

Frank- Go get some help.

CJ- I'm not going back to that place.

Frank- Well looks like you won't have a place to sleep tonight.

I rolled my eyes at the door. I can't believe he's having a conversation with me through a closed door and with an attitude. 

CJ- (whining) Frank?

Frank- (angry) What Chanel? What?

CJ- Can you at least open the door so I can stop looking stupid?

I heard various noises behind the door. Then it finally opened. I looked up from my sitting position on the floor to Frank. He had a pair of grey sweats on. Clean socks on his feet. And he was shirtless. I could smell the vanilla candles coming from his condo. He looked very good. I could tell he's been lifting weights. He just looked down at me with his hands in his pockets. He shooked his head and walked into the living room area. I got up and dusted myself off and followed him and shut the door. I saw him leaning against the wall.

Frank- So why should I let you back in?

CJ- Because I have nowhere to go. I need you, Frank. I'll be good this time Frank. I promise!

Frank- Chanel you aren't a child. Therefore I shouldn't be looking after you like you are one. You're a grown ass woman. You need to act like one. 

CJ- So you're gonna let me back in?

Frank- No. No, I'm not. I'm gonna treat you like a woman. I'll call a hotel and get you a room. I'll pay up to a week. After that, you're on your own. 

CJ- So you don't want me to keep you company?

Frank- I'm just fine. Let me grab a shirt to put on. 

I followed him into his room and watched him dress. Once he saw me looking he rolled his eyes.

Frank- The fuck are you looking at?

CJ- You nigga.

Frank- Don't watch me dress. You shouldn't even be in here.

CJ- Oh but I am.

I plopped down on to his comfortable ass bed.

Frank- Can you get off my bed, please? We need to go get you that room.

CJ- Nah I'm comfortable.

Frank- I'm sorry Chanel but you can't make yourself comfortable here anymore.