Chapter 8

And now... The rest of the parade. I'm sorry for the wait, I had major writers block. But here it is, finally...

----------

D7

Reese was astounded by the sight of all the people. They cheered, booed, all noises possible. Some of them cheered for her, yelling her name high up into the sky. The best way to get sponsors was to be popular.

Her costume wasn't the worst of the lot, it wasn't covered in gems or glitter like most of the others. It was quite simple actually.

Her auburn hair had been done up in soft curls, leaves woven through the ringlets.

Then both her and Pax were dressed in brown jumpsuits, that resembled the bark of a tree. It actually wasn't so bad, and as an extra touch, a soft green wire curled up their arms elegantly. It wasn't too over the top, it was just striking enough.

D8

Morelai was terrified of the crowd. There were so many people, all dressed extravagantly. Her heartbeat was fast in her chest.

She didn't like her costume either, jumpsuits were too tight and constricting for her liking. But at least it wasn't ugly. It was built up of many different textured fabrics, making a big jigsaw puzzle. It was slightly whimsical. Unlike Kordeen, who had a huge pair of furry red pants, Morelai was stuck in a black crinoline tutu, the only colour that couldn't be found on the suit itself.

D9

Every stitch of fabric was carefully woven, like a basket. The material creating a tunic like top on both tributes.

Arabella was ready to win the crowd. She let a mischievous smile crawl across her features, brightening her mysterious face. She had teardrop shaped jewels, glittering in a honey colour, woven through her auburn locks. As if grain was tied through her hair, except this was much more Capitol style. Shiny and glitzy, that's pretty much the Capitol.

The rest of the costume was extremely itchy, the whole thing practically made of strings of wheat, strung together to make some sort of costume.

The whole ensemble certainly wasn't great, but this was the best night of the games.

D10

Pyrrha chuckled quietly at some of the tributes. The ones dressed as astronauts looked extremely stupid. Though Pyrrha supposed that hers wasn't much better, but it certainly could have been worse. Her cowhide dress matched with Achilles's suit. It was certainly nothing special, although the faint smell of roses was strange, but at least they weren't dressed as actual cows. That prospect was not only overdone, but it was also tacky and geeky.

To her, this was the most boring part of the whole games. There was no action, no blood... She couldn't wait for the arena, where all the fun happened. One thing was for sure, this would be the most exciting month of her life.

D11

Elodie nervously looked around, searching for a sense of normalcy. Of which she found none, the crowd was merely a noisy ocean of colours. She turned beside her, searching for a sense of comfort from her friend.

Damon smiled warmly at her, then whispered softly.

"It's ok to smile you know?" he let out a soft chuckle.

Elodie let a grin spread across her face, as she once again faced the crowd.

At least she looked pretty, even of she didn't feel it. Her and Damon were supposed to be Keepers Of The Earth, of a sorts.

She wore a shimmering, indigo dress, with a sort of see through silvery, green fabric flowing above it. It was gathered at her right shoulder, and at her waist. And from there the green material flowed down to her feet. A design of deep green gems, set in the fabric like branches, curled around, meeting a ruby red design, an apple for agriculture. She was the goddess of the earth, pieced together with a glittering wreath of flowers.

Damon's outfit was much simpler, just a white suit. But with the same flowing design of diamonds. Branches curled around an apple.

D12

Garland was relieved at the sight of his costume. Amazingly, it wasn't skimpy or tasteless. Him and Evening were dressed like the dark black rock that filled District twelves' solemn mines. The fabric was textured, giving off the resemblance of the bumpy surface of stone. Within each crevice of the rock, there were diamonds. Black as night, imbedded into the stone. They bounced off light, imitating the soft shimmer of coal.

Certainly it wasn't the most amazing of the costumes, it fit in with the obvious love for sparkle and glitz that the Capitol adored. Along with just about every other costume.

But at least for once, District twelve wasn't shamed and humiliated by their stylists' obvious stupidity.

Evening felt strange, as if a giddy sense of happiness was coursing through her. But that was crazy, she hated the games, and all that came with them. But her newfound friend made everything easier, Garland kept a goofy grin on, and he won over anyone. It was impossible to hate him. Evening hoped he would win. He certainly deserved it. She was still scared of death, terrified. But she almost felt at peace, all sorts of terrible things would happen to her, that's for sure, but maybe Garland would spread the hope that Panem needed.