Chapter 14

D12 Garland Colenight

Garland grabbed a pack that was lying at his feet, puling only what he had time to grab. He picked up a few knives and a spear, managing to dodge a knife. His eyes spotted Morelei, standing frozen on her pedestal. He grabbed her by her shoulders and shook her.

“Morelei” he said, but she didn’t answer. “Morelei?”

“Yes?” he pulled her forward, rushing to find the others. “Come on”

The two stumbled through, and Garland had to pull Morelei from side to side to get her to dodge throws. He found Kordeen, fighting with the girl from District ten. She was fast, agile, throwing hits with a knife, which Kordeen narrowly dodged.

Garland pulled him away from the fight, just as the girl aimed for his stomach.

“What were you thinking?” he asked Kordeen. “I told you not to fight”

“I justed wanted to-

“Well, we don’t have time to worry right now” he searched, looking for his district partner. “Where’s Evening?” then he spotted her, pinned down by the boy from District six. “Run” he told the others, sending them into the forest.

Garland grabbed Daisuke’s arm, attempting to pull him off Evening. But the boy’s arm came back and slashed him on the arm.

He got Evening and ran off, to meet the others.

--------------------

D6 Alexia Goodwill

Alexia was frantic, scared. She couldn't make her feet move properly.

"Come on Alexia, keep moving" She told herself. But she stayed frozen. Shock had taken over her body. She saw a girl running at her,  Harlow she thought her name was. She hardly registered her presence as she pulled out her weapons. Strangely, Alexia felt dazed.

Suddenly, she felt a strange ache in her shoulder. She reached to it and found a dart, filled with green liquid. Her eyelids felt heavy as a spear sped towards her. Everything went dark.

------------------

D2 McKinley

McKinley stepped off when the gong sounded, running right off into the mouth of the cornucopia. She sped through, grabbing a pack of knives in a fancy case. She slung the bag over her shoulder and pulled out a knife. Her hand pulled back, and she tossed it out, hitting the boy from five squarely in the back. He tumbled to the ground, sputtering blood. She continued from the cornucopia, going up to the rest of the careers. McKinley looked around, searching for Cinocca’s dark gaze. She found him, confusion crawling onto her features. He was there, attacking one of the careers; Beryl. Why would he go against the careers? Then, after watching Beryl fall to the ground, he took off. Leaving the cornucopia with the girl from district four, a mace, a spear, a bow, and a couple backpacks. Where was he going? Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted, the boy from ten running at her with an axe. She dodged his hit, then slashed at his throat, killing him almost instantly. She rolled onto the ground as a spear flew over her head. Adrenaline pumped through her and her heartbeat was racing. She jumped up, deciding to take charge. If Cinocca was gone, she’d get over it, she couldn’t sacrifice victory for a guy. She walked up to Crystal, Ajax, Harlow, and Kryton.

“Let’s get going” she said sharply, walking back to the cornucopia.

After a minute, they had gathered all their supplies. They had many weapons, a few of each shape and kind, and lots of food and other supplies.

“So, who did you guys get?” she asked.

“The boy from 9” Crystal said.

“Female 6” Harlow added.

“That’s it?” that wasn’t many at all.

The cannon went off, once, twice, marking six deaths in total.

“so that means two kills that aren’t ours. One by Cinocca and one mystery kill”

“Why did Cinocca run off?” asked Harlow.

“If I knew why Cinocca did anything I’m sure I wouldn’t be any less confused”