Chapter 16

Hey guys! i wanted to do a short poll, leave a comment or PM me with your answers.

1. Who do you think should win and Why?

2. Who do you think will  win and Why?

(i am merely curious to know your answers, it's not a big deal)'

also, for my next syot, i was thinking of adding a sponsoring system, What do you guys think?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pax struggled to catch his breath, he’d only been running a few minutes, since he’d left the cornucopia, but it felt like hours. He stumbled against a tree, his knees weak. Suddenly, a silver arrow whizzed noisily past his ear. He turned around frantically, the girl from four and the boy from three stood behind him. The boy twirled a long jagged knife in his fingers, a smirk on his face.

“Fancy seeing you here” he snickered. Pax now regretted leaving the cornucopia without any supplies. The boy’s knife was replaced with a thin sharp one, it flew up at his arm, pinning it against the tree.

Pax yelled out in pain, as another knife pinned up his other arm.

Cinocca walked up to Pax. “You know, I’m really sorry” he looked solemn for a second, then he smiled. He held his jagged knife once again, bringing his hand back. The knife swung forward in a smooth motion, cutting cleanly across Pax’s neck.

-------------------------------------------------

Acrebeth walked, her ally, Arabella by her side.

“So we should probably look for water” Arabella said.

“Yeah, we won’t last long without it.” The two trudged through the boiling sand, the sun burning down on them. “Especially in this heat”

Acrebeth’s tongue felt dry and scratchy already, and her body was constantly heating up. “Where is the water?”

“I don’t know, it’s weird, unless they want us to die of dehydration, there should be water somewhere”

“Maybe we should split up for a while, search the area” Acrebeth piped in.

“Ya, good idea, we need to find water fast” She split off from Acrebeth, moving up a slope covered in thin foliage.

Less than a second later, Acrebeth heard her ally’s scream.

“Arabella!” she yelled. She ran up the hill, her eyes searching for Arabella.

The boy from District 6; Daisuke, had his hands around her neck, a knife at her throat. He slashed across it swiftly, sending a river of red down Arabella’s chest. Her knees buckled under her, and she tumbled onto the ground. Blood trickled from her lips as she made choky breaths, crimson staining the ivory sand. She tried to fill her lungs with air, but only got fluid into them.

Acrebeth lunged at the boy, her fingers reaching around his throat. The two tumbled onto the ground painfully, Daisuke slashing at her with his knife. She managed to get a strong hold on his neck, his lips were turning blue, but then he hit her across the face with the knife. The wound throbbed and Daisuke took the moment of distraction to hop off, into the forest.

Arabella’s cannon boomed and Acrebeth, still out of breath, took a minute to mourn the fallen tribute. She hadn’t known her long, but she wished she’d had the chance to. It took her a second to pull herself together, she needed to clean her wound, and find water. Her eyes wandered, and she spotted something on the ground. It was a blue plastic water bottle, filled with the crystal clear substance. She remembered seeing it pinned onto Daisuke’s pack. She stumbled towards the bottle, clutching her head.

She unscrewed the lid frantically, pouring water past her parched lips, then she took some on her hand, using it to clean the cut that scratched across her face. The water caused an unexpected burning sensation on the wound, more painful even than what was emanating from the cut itself. The pain made her woozy, black circles swirling into her vision. And then that was all she saw.

------------------------------------------------------

Daisuke snickered to himself. He’d hung around the girl from District 3 during training, watching her mix plant juice into a variety of poisons. At this rate, Acrebeth Wade could be dead by the next day’s end.