Chapter 13

PART TWO; THE GAMES

The voice, that booms through the air...

"Let the twenty first annual Hunger Games Begin!!"

Breath comes heavily

60,59,58...

Heartbeats race

57,56,55,54...

Palms sweating

53,52,51,50...

Thoughts swimming

49,48,47,46...

What is there left to do...

45,44,43,42...

...Except wait?

41,40,39,38,37,36,35,3433,32,31,30.....

---------------

Garland let out a sigh, at the sight of the arena. It was huge. The sun boiled down, making him strain his eyes. He could see large patches of forest, spread out through the entire arena. And the ground, it was covered in a soft white substance, that looked like snow.

20,19...

He had to force himself to breathe, to try to be ready for this. Not only for him, but for the twelves as well, he would not forget his objective. He could not allow himself even a moment’s hesitation; he would do anything to get one of them out.

18,17…

His muscles tensed, his whole body charged with adrenaline. This was it, the last moment to think, to prepare. Suddenly nerves took over, Garland’s mind going blank. He suddenly forgot everything he had planned. Was he supposed to grab the twelves first? Or grab supplies? He definitely needed some supplies, but the twelves could get attacked during that time.

10,9….

But maybe there wouldn’t be anything good left after the careers got to it…

8,7…

Oh,  but he needed weapons to fight off careers.

6,5…

Realization flowed through him. He’d have to kill… He’d already known that of course. But the reality was now harshly pushed in his face. He could accept his own death, but it was tricky to have to deal with all those other deaths, on his own hands.

4,3…

But now it was too late.

2,1…

He had no choice now…