19|LETTERS

UNEDITED

"Can I come in?"

Changbin looked up from his book, "who is it?"

There was a silence before a low sigh was heard from the other side of the door. "It's Chan, please let me in."

Changbin scowled, remembering how terrible their last visit had gone. "No. Go away."

"I need to give you something, then I'll leave."

Another silence.

"Please Changbin, just unlock the door."

The younger boys frown deepened as he hesitantly got up from the bed, and walked over to the door. He opened it ever so slightly and met eyes with the boy outside.

"What?"

Chan stared at Changbins face for a few second before passing over a box, "they're your stuff."

Changbin must have had a confused expression on his face as Chan opened the cardboard box to show a few unfolded clothes. "I found the box in Felix's room. It was the only box left over that he didn't take with him back home."

Changbin seemed to step out of his body for a second, as if he were just a passer by watching this heartbreak unfold.

He slowly took the box from Chan, lingering slightly before he brought it close to his chest.

"I'll be...I'll be going now. Thank you, Changbin."

Changbin was about to close his door when Chan had suddenly thanked him, "thanks?"

Chan turned on heel and walked towards the staircase; he didn't answer the question. A ghostly smile painted his face as he walked down the stairs.

He shut the door quickly after Chan had disappeared from his sight and dropped the box, sliding down the door to sit on the floor.

Everything hurt.

He looked over to the box, sluggishly reaching out for it.

One by one he took out the many shirts, sweatpants, hoodies, even a few pairs of underwear from when he  stayed over for most of the holiday.

Then he reached the bottom of the box and the tips of his fingers traced a smoother and colder surface.

A pile of obviously not well looked after piecess of paper lay at the bottom of the box, untidily thrown in.

He placed them on the floor infront of him, then realised they were only written on the other side. On the plain side in black marker were numbers.

Changbin scoffed, of course Felix would number random pieces of paper.

He ordered them from one to four, the others had just been a few doodles of smiley faces and flowers. Changbin remembered that he had drawn those small doodles as Felix completed his homework out of boredom weeks before everything fell apart.

He picked them up after ordering them, ready to rip them up or simply throw away- assuming they were random pieces of paper they had drawn and written on, as Felix always kept things with no meaning claiming they held great value.

But on the first paper marked one, was a sentence. A single sentence that made Changbins heart sink.

" remember to give these to changbin when i leave! "

"You've got to fucking kidding me Felix." He said quietly. "You wrote letters for me, and even wrote a note to yourself reminding yourself to give them to me? You're such a..."