P E R C Y

Annabeth watched Percy from his bed. Her grey eyes focusing on her ex-boyfriend in concern. She rubbed her fingers together nervously, sighing. Her blonde curls framing her face as she continued to stare at him.

Percy, sitting next to the trash can, glanced at her for a moment.

He hurt.

Percy hurt all over, blood running down his chin as soon as he opened his mouth again. His attempts to speak were only rewarded with bloody petals.

The white petals stained either crimson, pink, or left clean by the blood. He coughed, his chest vibrating painfully. His hand going up to his mouth to catch whatever petals made their painful escape up his throat.

"Percy," Annabeth spoke. Her voice came out quieter then intended. Softer than she had ever heard it herself. "how long have you been like this?" She questioned, lips parting slightly as Percy threw the petals in the trash can.

"Three days? Maybe more?" Percy suggested, his voice coming out as a groan. Tears filling his eyes as he rubbed his throat. Blood staining his fingertips.

"When did it first start?" She challenged as she swung her legs over the bed. Letting them dangle down the bed side carelessly. Percy looked down, his cheeks tinged pink.

"The last campfire. . ." He answered hesitantly. Annabeth gasped, eyes widening. "Percy that was three weeks ago!" She exclaimed, her voice rising as she frowned.

"It's not that bad. . ." He trailed off, avoiding Annabeth's eyes as she moved to the floor. Her body crawling to him.

"You only have a 3 weeks to–" Percy interrupted her quickly.

"I know."

Annabeth huffed, her nose wrinkling in anger. "That's it!" She proclaimed, "You aren't going to die from Hanahaki disease!" The daughter of Athena seemed to sure of herself, Percy cracked a sad smile.

"Annabeth, they'll never love me back."

"Percy, she'll surely love you back!"

"Whoever said my crush was a she?"

Annabeth paused, looking at Percy for a moment. Then averted her eyes to his blood stained fingers.

"As soon as you start to vomit flowers, I need to know." She swallowed heavily. "You'll be getting surgery after that." She sternly stated.

"Annabeth." Percy weakly argued. Annabeth shook her head.

"I am not loosing you Seaweed Brain!"

Percy held Annabeth's hand, bringing down his forehead to her nose. He laid his head against her face. Annabeth using her free arm to pull Percy closer. The ex-couple finding this comforting, even if they had both moved on (Annabeth was dating some son of Enyo (goddess of war and destruction, compared to Bellona by Reyna in The Blood of Olympus).)

"Annabeth, how am I going to get Jason to love me back?! Hades, he won't even look at me in any other way then as a comrade– maybe a friend if I'm lucky!"'

Annabeth pulled away, "Jason?" She asked. Percy nodded, coughing up a few petals.

"Oh Percy." She whimpered.

I'm going to die

Percy thought.

A/n:
What do you think? Continue, or no?????

~ Bridget