P E R C Y

Percy felt numb. There was no other way to explain it. His body was still, side wrapped in gauze, and his hair was matted to his forehead with sweat. He looked cautiously around him, not daring to move.

"Hey Seaweed Brain, you gave us quite the scare." Annabeth said in a hushed tone. A camper beside her that Percy recognized as David. Percy coughed and tried to sit up. Annabeth put a hand on his chest, stopping him and pushing him back.

"Your stitches aren't strong enough for you to be moving yet. Will wants to redo them in a few hours once we see if the infection was taken all the way out or not." She explained, David quietly waiting to her left.

Percy sighed and nodded, then stared at David.

"Hey man." Percy greeted slowly. David have a shy smile and waved.

"Is all the infection out?" Percy asked, causing Annabeth to sigh. "We think it's all the way out, if there's even a little cell left of it, it can return." Annabeth informed as Will opened the curtain used to separate the room.

"Hey, good news! We got new curtains," Will said. Laughing as he pulled a needle from a tray being carried my Nico. He was blushing softly and looked a bit awkward in the room.

"Hey Neeks."

Nico raised an eyebrow. Chuckling quietly as he replied;

"Feeling better, flower lungs?"

Will's eyes widened and he gave Nico a glare. "Nico!" He scolded, Annabeth gaping openly. Percy cracked a smile, his chest feeling a bit heavy.

"Why thank you, pomegranate breath." Nico's grin spread and he passed the tray to Will. Walking over, his Stygian sword dragged on the ground. "That's a new one, thorn vomit."

Will let out a huff and rolled his eyes. "Nico, please don't verbally abuse the patients." He spoke, going to Percy's side and lifting his shirt.

"He's my cousin, Sunshine. It's okay when I do it. And if it hurt Percy he'd tell me." Nico explained as Will unwrapped the gauze. Nico holding Percy's shirt helm up. Percy winced as Will touched a tender spot.

"Okay, stitches look great. Annabeth and David, can you find Katie and Miranda for me?" Will questioned, the son of Apollo sticking a needle through Percy's skin with no warning.

Percy jerked and swore. Surprised as the needle stung his insides. "Sorry, Will's in your lung now. The gauze had numbing properties, so you don't feel the full pain until minutes after it's done." Nico said as he glanced at Percy's panicked eyes.

"C-Could have warmed me." Percy stammered, watching dark orange liquid go into the once-empty syringe. Will nodded to himself, muttering something. He then removed the needle and placed it on the tray he had set on Percy's bed.

"Everything looks good. Stitches are strong. All inserted lung liquid is being drained into the bladder. So don't freak out when you whizz orange." Will took of his doctor gloves and threw them away.

"I'm going to take these samples to the girls. See if it's cleared. Neeks, you coming?" Will turned to look at the son of Hades.

"I'll catch up in a minute. I need to talk to my dearest cousin." Percy snorted but otherwise remained silent.

Will gave a mute nod and walked out, taking the tray with him and leaving the two demigods time to talk. Nico broke the silence after a few minutes of Will being away, sitting at Percy's feet. Folding his legs comfortable before addressing the situation.

"So... Jason, huh?"