A N N A B E T H

When Annabeth was beckoned to the infirmary in the middle of her girls night with Piper, she knew something was terribly wrong. Her blood ran cold as her mind quickly switched off between worrying for Percy, or David. Both boys she held a deep love for, one romantically and the other platonically. "What's going on?!" Annabeth asked, trying to chase away the anxiety settling in her throat.

The girl who was clutching her wrist and dragging her along panted heavily. "Per-Percy collapsed." She spoke, brown eyes squinting at the path ahead of her. Annabeth pulled away from her grasp and started to sprint. "Percy." Was all she managed to say before crashing into another sprinting person.

"Nico."

"Annabeth."

Nico was shaking and his face was pale. It brought out the dark circles under his eyes, Annabeth noticed they had lightened (ever since he started talking to Will). "Come with me." Nico gripped her shoulder and both of them were to their feet. "What happened to Percy, Nico?" Annabeth asked as the two started to run side by side.

"It's bad. Will said it was Han-Hanahak-Hanahoki?" Annabeth quickly corrected him. "Hanahaki disease."

"There's blood and thorns, I think I saw a whole flower in a puddle of vomit? It's, just, really bad." Annabeth's heart was caught in her throat. Lips separating as she gasped for air. Her mind raced as her legs pumped faster. The blonde girl sprinting through the beds of sickened people. The infirmary having no more curtain walls due to a visit of Leo and Festus a few nights ago.

"Percy!" Annabeth hollered, panting as she eyed Percy's bed.

Percy's forehead was covered in a coat of sweat. His teeth were stained with blood and his chin was caked in it. Thorns slipping from his fingers, flower petals on his lap.

"We need a 28G Hypodermic needle, we also need a chest tube and to open up his air way more, he's turning blue!" Will shouted as his hands emitted golden light. The light acting as extra sets of hands in the chaos.

"Anna-" Annabeth squinted, trying to keep her emotions in check.

"Die and you'll be in a Hades ton of pain when I bring you back from Hell, Perseus."

They rushed him away after that.