Idiot.

The golden, warm strikes of sunshine hit Leo's fair face. He took a breath in and sighed dreamily, he wanted to remember every detail about this day. So he took in the baby blue sky and the white, scattered cotton candy across the bright mat called space.

People are getting home with their family and friends, too desperate to get away from the sight of books and pens, and all the teachers rambling words that the students heard way too much they can write them down into paragraphs.

Yep...It was a typical Friday afternoon.

But as for Leo, he was way too pumped. Not because he is teaching Jade how to bike today, well...that's a part of it, but it's mostly because the idea of him having plans with someone he can kinda, sorta call a friend, on a friday night like any other eighth grader, was exciting for him.

Heck Leo had to control his mouth all day so that he won't brag about it and shout it at people walking peacefully in the hallways.

His walk to the school gate had a little skip to it, along with a wide grin. It was one of those times when Jade caught him smiling.

"Hallelujah, Leo is smiling! Could you please tell us how, and also the trace of the events that took place leading to this cute and wide grin of yours Mr.James?" Jade said putting her hand up to Leo's face as a mic and had on her professional news reporter voice.

He didn't miss the cute part, though.

Leo let out a low chuckle, oh how sweet and sincere Jade was in the past two days, she always stuck by his side at lunch and English and they'd walk together to the gate before her group of friends would storm in on her.

Sure their conversations weren't long, they were kinda...reserved. Jade didn't ask too many questions and Leo answered the ones he liked. But the weird thing is that Leo never pretended with her, he was being, for once, himself.

"Well, um, it's because today I'm teaching a very clumsy girl called Jade Williams how to bike. Which we'll hope that she won't crash into a tree, the poor tree!" Leo stated dramatically.

Jade stuck her tongue out at Leo playfully.

"What? I'm the lorax, I speak for the trees!"

"Very funny, James"

"Why thank you, Williams."

She rolled her eyes, a smile playing at the edges of her mouth. They came into a stop in front of Leo's bike.

Wait..does that mean we're gonna sit on one bike seat? Together?!

Well Jade definitely didn't think this part through. Jade blushed visibly.

"Um, I should've called my mother to drop me off at your house better."

"Oh don't act all shy now, that's my job at school isn't it?" Leo replied, smirking.

"You're so blunt! Fine!" Jade hopped on behind him, her hand rested behind her on her chair. It wasn't comfortable, but she'd rather be uncomfortable than to hug Leo's torso.

"Hang on cause I'm going full speed."

"Wait wha~"

Leo wasn't kidding about the speed part. In fact, Leo went so fast that a yelp left Jade's mouth so loud it's almost a squeal, causing a few heads to turn her way.

"Leo slow the frick down!"

"What?"

"Slow down you idiot! You're gonna get us killed!"

"Can't hear you!"

He did hear her, and she knew he did. For she groaned and let him be.

But then a large stone was in their way. Literally in the middle of the street.