Canon ball.

December.

A month of cold weather, where schools delay and snow appears. For Christians it's a holiday, for other people it's a normal irritating month full of coughs and colds, and also saying "merry Christmas", to people who celebrate it, too many times.

People flood the city in the busy streets of New York, mainly kids playing around snow in peaceful neighborhoods, kids, like our grown teenager, Jade. It was always one of the happiest traditions for Jade that she'll never grow old of, running down the stairs and out the door, and digging her hands in the pearl white cushions of snow. It brought her to smile her warm smile that could melt the snow in her hands.

I'm such a kid. She chuckled. But kid it is, that didn't matter.

She took her coat off the hanger, bid her parents her goodbyes and decided to walk to school this time, how can she not when the winter was welcoming her in it's tingling sensation? She kept shuddering the whole walk, liking the feeling and wishing it never stopped. Can you blame her? It's her favorite season, winter.

She entered the halls, the warm halls that she didn't like, but is supposed to be walking in for a while.

"Ho ho ho! Have you been good this year, miss Williams?" Spencer jumped from no where with a fake white beard on his face, Jade jumped.

"Oh my god! You scared me you idiot! ...or should I say Santa?" She snorted.

Spencer kept laughing between his words. "Gosh you should've seen your face!" And another fit of laughter hit him.

"Why am I friends with such a moron?" Leo said, pulling Spencer's beard downwards then left it suddenly causing the elastic band to hit Spencer's chin harmfulley.

"Ouuuuucha! That wasn't necessary!"

"Dat wathn't nathathasry, gosh leave the girl alone." Leo imitated him mockingly, then looked back to Jade.

"Merry Christmas." Leo smiled. Jade smiled back.

"Merry Christmas." She said, shyly. " I want to go out in the snow, though." She said.

"Same."

"Losers." Spencer said.

"Why are we losers?"

"Cause you're not gonna see me scaring every teacher with this beard all around the wicked school! Ha! Bye! Losers!" Then he ran wearing his itchy beard, scaring  poor Mrs. Stewart's face.

"Excuse my pal."

"No, I love him." Jade chuckled.

"Wanna go out in the snow?" He asked.

"Sure! Wait...What if we get caught?" She asked.

"Puhlease! You're with the ever so sneaky Leo James! I never get caught." He smirked.

She looked at him, hesitantly. "Fine, and shut that huge ego of yours." She said.

"Hai!" He saluted.

"What?"

"You don't know how to talk Japanese?" She moved her head no. "Seriously? What am I doing with a lowley educated girl? Very disappointing~ ouch!" She hit him quickly and raced him to the school's entrance, what Jade called the door of freedom.