Expect The Unexpected.

Usually, when you enter a house, it's a warm experience. You're basically entering a family's life style, a family's choice making, a family's base of decisions.

Any house is homely, there is the type of house where you enter, and the magnificent smell of freshly baked muffins welcome you. Homely.

Or the type of house, it's soft orange lit living room filled with classic decor and roses, along with the enchanting smell of honey or flower air fresheners. Homely.

Or the type of house that isn't very traditional, modern, really. But still, family along with laughs and smiles makes it homely, or the warm couch seat, along with it's freshly wrinkled pillows, it all shows how lively a house should be. Homely.

Homely.

A word Jade didn't associate with Leo's house.

This was a new experience for Jade, in fact she never knew, nor asked, about Leo's family. She didn't know his parents, nor if he had siblings or not, maybe he's an only child, or maybe he's an orphan, she doesn't really know, and she felt bad that, even when she was thirteen, she never asked about it, she truly did feel guilty.

But she could tell why Leo didn't mention it much. Leo parked his bike in front of a dark house, dimly lit with blue lights, only one window lit, actually. It looked old, but it wasn't a very bad place, she could see herself living here, rather if she was forced to.

Leo told her he'd get her a helmet from inside, and told her not to start riding the bike till he comes, the snow was all over the street, on the side walk were cushions of it, but on the asphalt street, it was melted, slippery and definitely dangerous to ride on. He didn't want her to do something stupid, she should be under his watch.

But that didn't satisfy Jade, she wanted to go in with Leo too, he agreed cause he thought she wanted to keep him company, and that was sweet, but her real intention was that she was curious as ever, and if she is, you can't stop her from knowing anything, can you?

She noticed Leo was uncomfortable about the idea a bit, though. He kept glancing to the lit window a lot, something on his mind that she wished she could read. But she couldn't, so she'll figure it out herself.

The three small steps leading to the porch creaked under Jade's feet, welcoming her into the front door after Leo. The house was dull, grey and noisy with the sounds of leaking taps, in which Jade fought the urge to go and stare at the water drops boink on the sewers, as always. Even after Leo opened the light key, the house was still dim as ever, even colours looked dusted. Dusted reds, dusted blues, it's like the house had this sad filter upon it that didn't get Jade to smile, nor say 'you have a nice place'. Not like Leo was waiting for that, but still.

"Shh, please Jade don't utter a whisper, okay!?" He said in a hushed voice.

"Why? Is your father sleeping?"

I wish. He thought.

"No, no um, se~"

"Are you back?! Leo?! Answer me you idiotic son of a~"

Leo clenched his jaw and shut his eyes, now Jade knows why, but she knew it the hard way, he was too embarrassed by now, he couldn't let him complete that sentence, though.

"Yes! Yes, I came!"

"Then say so, ya filthy piece of~oh" Leo's brother said, Kevin, walking into the living room. "Leo, you didn't tell me we had guests." Kevin smiled a toothy smile, one black tooth showing.

"And you care why?" Leo retorted.

"Oh no, let's be nice now, Lee, we don't want bad things to happen in front of our lovely guest." Kevin said, taking a step and stopping right in front of Leo's face, breathing every word painfully slow.