Chapter 8

The next few days continued in the way that they had before the Kannabi Bridge Mission, but with slight alterations. Now, in the mornings, Haku insisted that Naruko dropped him off at the Uchiha's, Thankfully, Mikoto was happy to watch over him since he had gotten so close to Itachi.

Their team had only been training for the past week. Minato had wanted to train them more, so when they went on their next mission, they wouldn't have lost a teammate like they would have originally on the Kannabi Bridge Mission.

Tomorrow, they would be going on their next mission. It was a fairly simple C-rank, they would just be escorting people out of the village and to Suna, nothing huge, but it would be about a week.

'Hmmm... who are we going to leave Haku-kun with?' Naruko wondered as she started walking towards the training ground. 'I guess I could ask Mikoto. If she says no, The only other person I'm close with would be Ji-ji. The only other people would be Tsunade, who still doesn't know me, or Jiraiya, and I am NOT leaving my little Haku-kun with him. He'll corrupt my poor, young son.'

When she reached the training ground, she saw that some of them had already started to spar. She sat down next to her Dad and waited for one of the spars to be done so she could fight.

Rin and Kakashi finished their spar. Rin was tired, so she slumped down next to Naruko. Obito then showed up and wanted to fight Kakashi. Since he was earlier than usual, Naruko let him have his spar with Kakashi first. Rin and Naruko talked while the others fought. Rin needed to rest, so they didn't have a spar right away.

Minato handed Naruko a scroll, which she took and looked over. Her dad had just put the finishing touches on their seal. It looked great! They would have to make some copies of these seals and tell the Hokage that if he needed any for information gathering they would make some.

Kakashi and Obito finished their spar, with Kakashi winning. They both sat down, saying they needed a rest. Christina and Neji came over and sat down as well. Neji and Obito started talking about their clans while the girls started talking as well.

Naruko could feel eyes on her. It was probably Kakashi. Again... He kept staring at her recently, it was freaking her out a bit. She turned to Kakashi and grabbed his hand.

"I need to talk to you." She said as she dragged him into the forest. The others were puzzled, why had Naruko done that?

She dragged him about a quarter mile away and turned to face him. She wanted answers for why he kept staring at her, now.

"What?" He asked.

"You know what. Why do you keep staring at me?" She asked.

Kakashi looked away and thanked god that he always wore a mask, or else she would see his blush. So she had caught him eh? He thought he had always done it when nobody was watching, obviously he wa wrong though.

"I don't know what your talking about." He said.

"Oh please. You know exactly what I'm talking about, you keep looking at me when you think I don't notice. I guess you forget how highly ranked I technically am. I'm not actually a genin, ya know, ttebayo." She said.

Kakashi sighed. He HAD forgotten about that. "You... you don't want to know why I stare at you..." He said.

"Oh really? And why is that?" She said.

"Because, I was you future teacher and you'll probably find it disgusting." He said, hoping she would get the message, so he wouldn't have to say it. She cocked her head to the side and her eyebrows furrowed.

'What is he talking about?' She thought.

Kakashi mentally sighed, guess he wouldn't be so lucky. "Naruko, are you really so oblivious? I... I like you..." he said.