Chapter 20

It took a total of 14 days to reach and get into Ame. Once they got their, Jiraiya led them through the streets and to a remote location with one building standing in the area. He walked over to the building and opened up the door. The others behind him heard the shifting of chairs and people pulling out weapons quickly until they heard.

"J-Jiraiya-sensei?!" from who Naruko recognized was a young Nagato.

"Hey gakis, how you been?" Jiraiya said.

Jiraiya walked in and sat at the table, that's when he realized that the others were still standing outside.

"Hey, you gakis coming in or what? We don't have all day you know." He said.

"Sorry, we just wanted to make sure we weren't invading personal space." Christina said as they walked in.

Haku looked at the three Ame orphans curiously.

"Kaa-san, who are these people?" He asked Naruko.

"Well Haku-kun, these are the people we came here looking for." Naruko said.

"Why were you looking for us?" Konan asked.

"Well," Jiraiya began, and everybody looked towards him, "You see, I've been getting a bad feeling about you guys being here. I came to ask if you wanted to come to Konoha." He said.

"But why? We live here in Ame, why would we go to Konoha?" Yahiko asked.

"Why don't I just tell them? It would make it a hell of a lot easier!" Naruko said,

"Naruko, are you sure?" Jiraiya asked.

"Sure, as long as it's okay with Neji and Christina, it's our secret, we can choose who to tell." Naruko said. Then she turned to Neji and Christina. "Cool with you guys if they know?" They both nodded, it certainly would make convincing them easier. Plus, it could make the future better.

Everyone sat down at the table and Naruko began to tell the story, this time focusing more on the parts that involved them. Yahiko's death and Nagato using his body. Nagato and Konan joining the Akatsuki. Nagato Killing Jiraiya (That part was told by Jiraiya). Nagato attacking the Leaf Village. Naruko beating all of the bodies. Her conversation with him. How he sacrificed himself to bring back all the people he'd killed in the attack. Her conversation with Konan after the whole ordeal.

By the end, the three Ame orphans had wide eyes.

"So... we really did all of that?" Nagato asked. Naruko nodded her head.

"I can't believe we would do that!" Yahiko said, slumping back in his chair.

"Well, no way in hell am I gonna let either of you two idiots do that again!" Konan said. "Or drag me into that either! I mean, how could I allow you to kill Jiraiya-sensei!"

"How could I kill Jiraiya-sensei?" Nagato muttered to himself, ignoring everybody else for the moment.

"Listen kids, I wanted to see if you would come to Konoha and become loyal genins or the leaf. It would give you a new chance, a better chance to stop yourselves from going down this path. It broke my heart to hear about what happened to you guys, and I don't want you to have to go through that again." Jiraiya said.

"Just... Just give us one day to decide." Konan said. "By tomorrow, we'll tell you. I know I have a lot to think about." she said.

Jiraiya nodded. "Alright, come here tomorrow at 12 o'clock in the afternoon. By then, I'll be expecting an answer." He said.

The trio of Ame orphans left to go think about the offer they had just received.

Konan went to her bedroom in the apartment she shared with the guys and laid down on her bed. She thought through everything she had been told but was still struggling to figure out what she should do.