Chapter 13

Naruko woke up the next morning, she was still pretty tired. She got up out of bed and flicked on her light. She gathered up some shower supplies from her room and went to the Bathroom, where she flicked on the light in there. She put her stuff in the shower and turned on the water so it would heat up. She dug through the closet and located an orange body towel as well as a face towel. She dropped them on the floor next to the shower and started stripping down until she was naked. She locked the door and stepped into the shower.

Feeling the nice, hot water on her back she sighed. She got out some body wash and quickly cleaned herself, leaving the soap only on her legs. She shaved her legs, and then her armpits and picked up her shampoo and started to wash her hair. She loved her shampoo, it smelled like apples and cinnamon. She washed her hair clean of the soap and turned off the water. She toweled herself off and headed back to her bedroom, carrying her clothes and supplies and wearing only her bath towel.

She entered her room and found another pair of her blue jean short shorts as well as a green camisole. She put on her panties and a bra and slipped on the jeans and the shirt. She grabbed a sealing scroll and packed some more pairs of clothes in it, as well as a jean jacket. Naruko looked in the closet and found what she was looking for, her sleeping bag and an extra pillow. She sealed those up in another scroll and opened up her pack from the last trip and took out her weapons and strapped those on. She took out her scroll of dirty clothes and walked into the hall and into another small room that was the laundry room. There she located some laundry detergent and put her clothes in.

She walked back to her room and took out some ration bars and food pills. She wrinkled her nose. Both of these tasted like nothing and she had always hated eating them. Never the less, they were quick and provided a lot of energy, so she packed them into another sealing scroll, with some extra kunai. She took out a small drawstring bag from her closet and put the scrolls in there, as well as some extra blank scrolls and some ink and a brush.

She put it on her back and looked in the mirror. When she did this, she realized she had yet to tie up her hair. So she grabbed two elastics and put her hair up into twin ponytails. She walked into the kitchen and noticed Christina there, already making breakfast while she hummed along with the quietly playing radio.

Naruko dropped her bag on her cushion at the table and walked up to Christina.

"Need help?"

"Sure, thanks Naruko." Christina said. She handed Naruko a bowl on eggs that needed to be scrambled as she flipped some french toast.

Naruko took the bowl and started whisking away. "So, you ready?" She said.

"Naruko, of course I'm ready. Besides, Neji, you, and I have all passed these before, as well as the Jounin Exams, and become Anbu. I think we can handle this." Christina said.

"True, I don't know why, but I'm slightly edgy though." Naruko said.

"Don't worry, Ibiki isn't going to be there this time, and neither will Anko, so we have two less sadistic and mind controlling people to worry about. However, we still will have to deal with a kid screaming about the youth." Christina said, smiling.

Naruko laughed at that. "Also true, but who knows what kind of people we'll have to fight this time around."

"Well, you beat up Gaara while he was in biju form and Neji who everybody was saying is unbeatable. I think with that record, you can feel pretty good about your skills, and that was still when you were a genin! If anybody should be afraid, it should be Rin or Obito since they know how powerful we are. But knowing you and Obito if you two get into a fight, you'll just make some remark at the beginning and fall on your asses laughing." Christina said.