#11

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

Naomi's POV:

"What have you done to my brother, Pan?" I screech lunging at Peter.

He simply laughs, dodging my attempted attack and pins me against a tree. I try to push him off but he's too strong. I'm stuck.

"Now now, Naomi, no need for that. I have your brother in a safe place," he sneers at me and I snarl back.

"WHERE. IS. MY. BROTHER?!" I howl.

"You can get him back from the echo caves," Pan says releasing me. He hands me a torch and I snatch it away. "I look forward to hearing your darkest secrets from the caves when this is all over if you dare to go get him."

I mutter darkly all the way up the mountain to where the caves are. I stand outside the mouth of the caves and grab a torch. I quickly light it and carefully head in. I look around and see my brother in a cage a mile away on a floating island.

"Justin?!" I yell out to him running to the edge of the cliff.

"Naomi? What are you doing here?" He calls bak and I see him pressed to the front of his cage. "No! I'm not leaving without you!" I call back.

"It's a set up! Pan wants your secrets! He knows you're powerful and he wants to know how to keep you at bay. Naomi, get outta here!" Justin calls back.

"No! I'm here to get you out!"

"Please go back! Don't do this!"

"I sometimes sneak off in the middle of the night to practice so I can stay the best at everything," I admit and a stone path starts to from towards where my brother is.

"Naomi stop!" Justin says sternly.

"No. Even though I was a tom boy back home with all the people at school and complained about the balls and galas I went to, I loved dressing up in the gowns. I loved pretending I was a princess," I admit and my heart hurts a little.

"Naomi," Justin tries again as I walk closer.

"I'm one away," I tell him.

"No you're two. You still have to open this cage. Turn back now. It's not worth it."

"Shut up. I'm saving your ass. I'm happy here in Neverland," I say quietly and the bridge to where my brother is is completed.

"Naomi, please leave."

"No, Justin. I am getting you out. My last secret is that I'm scared that I'm not good enough to be here," I admit. Nothing happens. "What? That was a secret. It should've opened your cage."

"Your deepest secret. The one you haven't even admitted to yourself will open the cage," Justin says sadly.

My breath hitches in my throat. My deepest secret. I don't know. That's a lie. I do know it- I just don't want to admit it. My secret. I can't say it. But if I don't, my brother will rot here.

Maybe if I say it, I'll be a bit happier. The secret has been eating me alive. It's hard to keep up this act day after day. Week after week. Year after year. I'm growing sick of it.

"The truth will set you free, Justin. I'm sorry and I hope you don't get mad," I start.

"I won't get mad."

"I'm in love with Peter Pan," I say quietly.

Justin's cage glows green and the door opens. He crawls over to me and we embrace. I cry on his shoulder and he rubs my back.

"Well well. Look what we have here. Quite the family reunion," Pan's voice echoes as he lands right in front of us.

"Leave us alone, Pan," Justin demands drawing my sword.

"Let me think about that," Pan folds his arms, tilting his head slightly to the side. In the low light, with his chin lifted, he looks like so God-like. "No."

"Leave us be," Justin holds me closer to him, holding my sword out menacingly to the boy I'm in love with.

"Justin, don't," I whisper.

"How can I leave you two alone knowing what I know?" Pan flashes away.

"I know your little sister is in love with me," He says from behind us.

"I can't just leave that be," Pan flashes again so he's next to me. His arm wraps around my waist and he flashes, taking me with him.

"Woah," I stumble a bit as we land but Pan steadies me.

"I can't leave Naomi alone knowing she loves me," Pan explains, softly stroking my cheek with his thumb. I close my eyes and lean into his touch.

"Don't hurt her!" Justin lunges towards us and I recoil into Pan's arm.

Pan holds a hand out and catches my sword. He looks at it carefully and takes it away from Justin. He places it back in the sheath attached to my belt.

"This belongs to her. It was made specially for her and only her to wield. A way to channel her powers. It'll only work for Naomi," Pan reveals.

"What do you want with my sister?"

"I want her to be MY Lost Girl. Not just a Lost Girl, but mine. I guess this is my way of asking you out, Naomi," Pan rubs the back of his neck, sheepishly.

I break out in a smile and nod. I wrap my arms around his neck, resting my forehead in his shoulder. I breath deeply, talking in this moment.

"I'd love to be your Lost Girl, Pan," I mumble in his ear.

"Peter. Call me, Peter," he instructs wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I love you, Peter," I smile as we begin floating up.

"I love you too, Naomi," Peter whispers in my ear.

A/N: Hi! I certainly hoped you like it! It was a lot of fun to write!

~Hannah

P.s thanks so much for Hannah for helping me (Alexa) out, sorry if this took forever! 😁