Chapter 9

All of us let the whole situation go and tried to get things back to normal by dinnertime. My mom and I made homemade mac & cheese. Yum!

Nat, Alex, and I sat on one side of the table. I was in the middle of course. Lillie, mom and dad sat on the other side of the table.

"Alex can you please pass the mac & cheese?" I asked him nervously still looking down at my plate.

I felt him looking down at me and he sighed.

"Um, sure Taylor." he said looking away as he passed the big dish to me.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"Would you like me to serve you my lady?" Nat says in his best brittish accent.

"Oh so now it's my lady?" Very nice, I'm impressed Mr. Wolff, and yes please that would be nice." I say just as proper as he said it. He gave me two pretty good spoonfuls of the mac & cheese and poured them one by one on my plate. He did the same to himself except he gave himself a little bit more because he is a teenage boy and well, teenage boys eat a lot.

Side Note:

I should have mentioned this earlier in the fanfic but Alex is 15 years old and Nat is 17 years old in the story.

Anyways continue reading :)

----------------------------------

Our side of the table stayed pretty quiet through out the entire dinner. Well, Alex didn't really speak at all. Nat and I would once in a while join in the conversation but other than that we didn't say much. When dinner was over we cleared our plates, put them in the dishwasher and went up to our rooms. I looked over at Nat and Alex as Alex closed their door and I closed mine. I slid down the door and sat on the floor. I wrapped my arms around my knees and I started crying. I took the closest thing to me which was a hairbrush on a table and threw it across the room. It banged off of the wall and the noise scared me. I then heard two people rushing up the stairs. I heard quick knocking and my mom talking worriedly "Tay, are you alright?! Open the door!"

"Taylor are you okay?" I heard my dad say as well.

I opened the door and my parents saw the puffiness around my eyes, the red blotches on my face, and the tears that had fallen all the way down to my shirt.

"Oh my gosh Tay, what's the matter?!" My mom said as she rushed over to me and gave me a hug.

"It's okay, I'm fine mom. Really..I am." I say reasurring her even though I wasn't okay.

"Alright, If you say so honey. We have some ice cream downstairs if you want some." My dad said putting his arm around me as we walked down the hallway. "Do you think Nat and Alex would like some?" my dad asked looking down at me. I looked over at their door and said

"I'll bring some up to them later." and I shrugged my shoulders. "What kind is it anyways?"

"Cotton Candy," My dad said happily. "because I know that's your favorite."

"Thanks dad!" I say as we make it downstairs. The first thing I see as I approach the table is the bowls and a half gallon of ice cream waiting for me. I bring the soup bowl with a handle over to the ice cream and I grab the scooper. I dig into the deliciousness and grab myself 3 large scoops of it. I felt like I deserved that much. I snagged my small spoon out of the drawer and walked into the livingroom. I sat down all cozy on the couch with my blanket and ice cream in hand. I flipped through the channels and I saw that "Hairbrained" was on. I might as well watch it. I got really into the movie apparently because I was crying when Alex had to kiss that girl because of how over-protective I am. Then I'm yelling at my tv because someone screwed up. Bad idea to eat when your upset or mad...just saying it's just not the best idea in the book. I finished the movie and turned the television off. I folded the blanket up as it was only 8:30 and my parents were already sleeping. I took my bowl out to the sink and I scooped some vanilla ice cream for Nat and Alex. I doubt that they would like cotton candy flavored ice cream anyways. I had both bowls in hand with spoons in each one. I walked upstairs quietly and down the hallway. I reached their room and I took a minute before I knocked on the door. I made 3 quiet taps with my knuckles on the door. Nat opened the door a minute after I knocked.

"Hey, I brought some ice cream for you guys." I say looking at the floor and then looking at him. He noticed the dried tears on my face that I completely forgot about and he gave me a hug. Nat extended his arm into the room and welcomed me in. He closed the door behind him and Alex was messing around with his guitar a little. He took one of the bowls from me and I gave the other one to Alex. I see that they had hung up a few posters on the room's walls. I saw "The Police", "Vampire Weekend", "The Beatles", "Buddy Holly", and a few others. "Impressive posters." I say sitting on the floor by the bed.

"Thanks" Alex said and snuck me a smile. I blushed and looked away smiling.

-------------------------------------

Guys, I have over 340 reads that is just WOW. Like I couldn't be more happy than this thank you guys so much! Don't forget to comment of what you thought of this chapter and vote! :)

QOTD: Favorite ice cream flavor? (leave your answers in the comments)

-Tay :)