Expectations and Apologies

Saffron was happy to have all her clothes back finally. She was grateful to Fleur for lending her some clothes but it was getting colder now and Fleur had not left her warm enough clothes.

They spent the days quietly and patiently as they waited for the burrow to be mended so they called move back into it now it was safe enough.

Saffron would often help, alongside Charlie and the twins. She got along well with everyone and didn't mind helping out Molly with things for the inside of the home.

It was a slow day though. Molly had insisted she take a days rest as she had been helping all week, and reluctantly Saffron agreed.

She needed time to herself anyway, it had been months since it had been just her. She loved being around people, feeling part of a family, as Molly had kind of adopted her as her own for the time being. But she was an introvert and did miss alone time, which she took today.

She found it refreshing being on her own, in her room, laying down, sorting out clothes, and replying to a letter she received from Fleur, making sure not to put in anything other than a hello, hope they are well, miss them and best wishes.

Charlie on the other hand wasn't so at peace.

An owl had just brought him a letter, one he had not been hoping to receive until after Christmas. Pacing around, a hand reached a hand to push through his hair.

He didn't know what to do, he didn't want to speak to his mother just yet, he knew she would be upset.

He needed to talk to Saffron, there was a letter for her too and he knew what it would be saying.

But he didn't want to interrupt whatever he was doing.

After a few stressful minutes of contemplation he decided it would be best to speak with Saffron.

A knock sounded at the door and Saffron jumped.

"Come in!" she called and watched from her spot on the floor as Charlie came in and closed the door behind him.

"Hey," Saffron smiled about to stand when a envelope with curled writing landed in front of her.

Charlie didn't reply or say anything as she carefully tore it open and read.

Miss Saffron Hawthorn,

I hope you have had a joyful and enjoyable break so far.And I would like to let you know how excited we are for you to join us and our Dragons here in Romania.

I am afraid as I have to request your presence here earlier than asked of you. With a lot going on, our hands are tied up and we are in urgent need of you and your healing skills and are extremely apologetic.

We are expecting you on the first of October.

"You're joking!" Saffron exclaimed once she had finished reading, hurrying to stand up.

"No," Charlie said, crossing his arms.