ONE

YOUR PoV

You and your squad just finished the volleyball tournament. Because your team won first place your coach let all of you have 3 days break. All of you were so happy. Your coach smiled wide while looking at the trophy in his hand. As a captain, of course, you are happy when your team did a good job to win the competition.

Now all of you were on the bus heading back to your school since you came by bike while the others were waiting for their parents.

"Guys! I've to go now. See you in 3 days." You said as take your scooter. Your friends waved to you and say 'bye'. You feel relief as have enough break after seven days you have trained for the competition. Your hard work is very satisfied with your tiredness.

You riding your scooter on the small road to your house. That is the short way to go home fast. In the morning there no one uses the street because people were driving to their workplace. But in the evening some kids are playing there. Even though it was a safe street but it becomes dangerous at night because it was quiet. People make a rumour that there was a ghost at night from the empty house around there.

While riding you glance at the house that people talk about. That 'haunted' house is just next to your house. People said every night they hear a voice from there. But you never at once hear or see something from there. You park your scooter as soon as you enter the gate.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home." That is what you always did when you home. But you do not get an answer. That was when you saw a small note in the fridge.

'Mom and dad going to Korea for two weeks. We have a business trip. Call us if you need money.'
-Love mom and dad.'

"Love you too." You smile and take a sip of water before went to your room. After taking a bath you call your mother and talk about your days at the competition. Then your mother says something that gives you a shiver.

"And baby.. please locked the door and window. Susan told me that she was disturbed by someone at her window two days ago." As your mother said you hear a little sob from next door. You gulped and quickly locked the door.

"M-mom? Don't scare me-" You were frozen as soon as you saw a boy at the window of the haunted house. The night is not coming yet but it is a little dawn when you saw the boy. Your mother's voice no longer catches your ear. The figured of the boy makes you deaf from the conversation.

The boy wears hospital cloth. But his face was pale and full of bruises. His gaze was cold. His head was badged.

"Baby! Do you hear me?" Your mother's voice caught you. In a blink, the boy disappeared. You blink your eye to see it again but still nothing. Suddenly you feel a shiver all over your body. Your feet feel numb so sudden.

"Ur... I... I'm okay. Bye, mom." You hung up and went inside when you braved yourself to step away from there.

Later that night you couldn't sleep due to the noise of a crying kid. But you slowly drift to sleep.

The next day you woke up by a call. You grab the phone and answer without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" You said with a sleepy voice.

"Baby? Are you still sleeping?" The man's voice coming from the line.

"Dad? Urm.. yup. Why?"

"We gonna move to Korea soon after we back. So please settle your school." Your father said. You sat immediately as he said. Thinking again you don't want to lose your best friend but you couldn't do anything. Your parent is Korean and you need to go back there too. It's now or later you have to.