Birch

Laughbringer is now what would be 6 in human years. I don't know how dragon years work.

Laughbringer sat toying with the grass in the forest near her hut and wishing she had someone to play with. Mommy was helping in the Nightwing village and Daddy had a meeting with auntie thorn. She wished she could take off Skyfire and find someone who would be the perfect friend. But then something happened that would change that. There was a yelp from the grass near her and she jumped. something colorful was flickering to her left and she cautiously began to head in that direction. Where she found a rainwing dragonet, about her age who seemed to be wrestling with his own tail. She giggled a little bit, trying not to let him know that she was watching. But the attempt failed and he jumped away from her. 

laughbringer laughed "don't worry, I won't hurt you. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

The dragonet eyed her as if deeming her worthy, then puffed out his chest and responded. "My parents call me a nuscience but I call myself whatever I feel like. You can call me whatever you want as long as it's not mean. I was flying towards my favorite cave, but then I felt a bug on my tail and attacked it" The stranger blushed a bit. "Who are you?"

Laughbringer thought for a bit. She wasn't sure about the stranger, but he seemed friendly. she wouldn't be so easily ensnared but would return the gesture. "I'm Laughbringer," she said simply. The dragonet waited for more.

"wait... That's it"

"Well, my mother calls me moondust, my father calls me sand dune, and my godfather winter calls me fireball, but my name is laughbringer. Do you really mean that I can call you whatever I want?"

"yep"

"Well, then I'll call you birch. It's my favorite type of tree"

"Cool, I've never had a real name before. Could I give you one?"

Birch sure was a strange dragonet. "sure" she replied.

"Well then, let's see." He started "It could be LB for Laugh Bringer. I like the sound of that, but it's too simple, you seem more complicated. So how about Elby?"

Laughbringer smiled in spite of herself. "perfect" she stated, making him smile. He bowed.

"Well then Elby, pleased to meet you"

"nice to make your aqua-aqua- good to meet you"

And so began the everlasting friendship.