Winter once again pt 3

By now, winter is well acquainted with Laughbringer and loves her to the moon. or should I say... to moon. I am not funny. it's a blessing and a curse.

Winter's POV

We sat at the dinner table which had been well laid out. Fish for turtle. Fruit for kinkajou and Moon, and a wild boar for me, Qibli, and Moon. And of course, Fireball ate a bit of each. she sat next to me. It was odd, Laughbringer had the warmth of a sandwing, but it was a bit different. It was like the sand just after the sun went down so that it was somehow warm and cool at the same time.

"What's does fishies tastes like?" said the little dragonet

Turtle considered before answering "It's kind of hard to explain, but it kind of slides through your throat and then fill up your whole stomach so your not hungry anymore and then you just want more." Kinkajou made a disgusted face at him but Fireball's face lit up.

"Cools" she exclaimed. She immediately reached for a cod. Winter laughed and everyone except fireball looked at him curiously. 

*******

It was time for him to leave. They returned to the clearing where they met and started to say their goodbyes. Turtle approached laughbringer cautiously and picked up a thick piece of wood that lay nearby. 

"I have a present for you," He said. he whispered something, then we all watched in awe as the wood carefully whittled itself into intricate and beautiful wood fish. Fireball gasped and plucked it from the air with joy. Kinkajou gave turtle a stern look. "oh! right!" He whispered something to the fish again and it slowly started to shifted colors so that it was like rainwing scales but with calmer colors that seemed to be more foresty. 

Winter suddenly felt the urge to compete. He looked around the clearing until he spotted the most perfect thing. He quickly sped over to it. Now, all that it would take is a little frost breath and some animus magic... 

After talking Turtle into casting the spell, he approached Laughbringer and handed her the brightest red flower that he could find in the whole meadow. It was encased in never melting Ice. It was for his fireball, and he hoped that it would keep her thinking of him...