Chapter 28: Fox Husband

Dusk fell. Lutecia had cried a lot even after finishing her dinner. She finally sat up on the bed and wiped off the remaining tears. She heard the door creak. She picked up her big bunny ears and fearfully stared at it. Her dreadful fox husband stepped in. They were husband and wife now and got to sleep together... Ugh, not only sleeping beside a fox!

He might even eat me in my sleep...

The man looked down at her with his icy blue eyes. The bunny's nose began fearfully twitching as she watched the fox, her ears on the alert. Seeing her frightened little rabbit pose, Yuehong faintly chuckled and pulled a big carrot out of his sleeve. Lutecia widened eyes, her ears bending slightly as she felt the delicious fragrance of the carrot.

"Here, this is for you, little one".

"T... Thanks..."

The fox took a seat on the bed beside her. Lutecia shivered a little, but then braced herself and bit the carrot. Her eyes brightened - she had never eaten anything more delicious! She felt the red-nailed manly hands touch her and started, glancing up at the fox.

"I know it might be hard for you to adjust to the life with us tailed foxes, so I shall clarify some details to you..." he softly caressed her on the light blue hair. "I am the master of the whole household here. You might have heard of me as Lord Huli Yuehong, Blood Moon Fox, or Celestial-Fox Lord Huli. I am the only nine-tailed fox there is. As you might know, nine tails are the maximum amount of tails to any fox. That means the one with the nine tails is the strongest. Other than that, I am the_"

"You are the king of all spirits, my lord, and the master of the Transformation Force - the third biggest force along with the Birth and the Death which are controlled by the high angels".

"I'm glad you know. Well then, as long as you are my queen, you are not to bow to any fox here, and neither any other spirit, for being my wife, you are the queen of all spirits. If there is a case of anyone bullying you, you can straightly address me, and your oppressors shall be punished. You will have absolute rights in this palace. But remember - your father and I have formed a treaty. No matter how numerous your rights are here, you mustn't forget you remain a hostage too. So if your father breaks the treaty with me, I will not hesitate to eat you for breakfast".

He smiled and casually fanned his face as if nothing. Lutecia widened eyes in horror and began crying, her face covered with her hands:

"I... I don't want to die..."

"Aww, I didn't mean to scare you, little one! I'm sure your father loves you enough as to not sacrifice you for his selfish desires. Well then, I'm going... Oh, and one more thing - I never sleep, but instead transform into a white Yin fox at night, so you don't need to worry, I will not eat you in your sleep". 

He chuckled and walked out, leaving the bunny princess dumbfounded - how did he know what she was thinking about? Once the door closed, she fell back on her bed and began sobbing hysterically - that fox was such a meanie and such a scary one... He indeed intended to eat her up!

My stepfather never cared about me. He won't even bother worrying about me. He will freely sacrifice me for his selfish desires!

Thus, crying and sobbing, she soon fell into a deep slumber...