Chapter 39: Yuehong's Sacrifice

A white fox man with tearful crimson eyes marched in snow, through a heavy blizzard as if the ancient Ice Age, holding a tiny piece of green light - the only sign of a nature spirit's life... His light blue claws had clutched it, determined to never let it go. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he moved on.

He arrived at a giant ice-cave and a portal opened up before him, leading into ominous blackness. He sighed with deep sadness, gulped his tears and stepped in, the blackened portal closing behind him.

After a long journey through the desperate and black realm, he reached a reddened volcanic area with ashes falling from the crimson sky, bones, and skeletons covering the ground, and scorching fire and freezing cold coexisting next to each other...

It was the demonic realm of the underworld - the hell. Blackened amorphic creatures - the demons - crawled around, squealing in a hideous, desperate manner, as if asking for help which could be provided from nowhere...

On the volcanic slope stood a giant black palace, on the top of which there was a statue of a black-torn-winged reaper - the well-known ruler of hell, gruesome Yamluo. Near the palace, on the slopes of the volcano, damned souls suffered either in burning tars or freezing ice, repaying for their crimes. Sorrow, despair, pain, and horror had engulfed this entire realm... It was the realm of the neglected, damned, and thrown-aways, who lived through pain and suffering and had only a little hope of receiving the grace of merciless reaper Yamluo in a time which seemed so long and far-off...

Seeing such a desperate realm, the white fox's already sorrowful heart became even more tormented. He winced in sadness and anguish, and hastily jumped towards the black palace, instantly appearing at its entrance - the gates of hell, with skeletons engraved on it. Two grim reapers with their scythes were guarding the gates. They gazed at the uninvited guest with their hollow eyes and spoke with quiet, dying voices:

"What are you doing here, Blood Moon Fox?"

"It's not as if you can die..."

They cackled among themselves. The fox frowned, but then sighed as he remembered his grave problem, and modestly asked:

"Please, let me see the Lord of Destruction..."

"What's the reason for you wanting to meet the death?" the grim reapers pitilessly cackled again, not giving a pin for his tears.

"Just let me see him, damn it! I have important business to discuss!" the fox man's red eyes shimmered with desperation.

This time, the reapers got frightened by the growl of the Celestial-Fox, and instantly opened the gates, letting him pass. He soon arrived in a giant, black stone hall, at the end of which there was a black throne raised from the ground by some stairs. There on the throne, sat the infernal angel, the merciless reaper of hell, gruesome Lord of the Underworld, whom spirits referred to as Yamluo, and whom everyone was afraid of, as he was the primal force of destruction and could reap the life off of any being that walked in the universe... He was as well the one who would soon make that little green light disappear in the fox's arms. He shot his stern, icy cold gaze down at the Celestial-Fox of Transformation, and furrowed his brow when this same fox who was of the same level as he, dropped to his knees before him.

"What is the reason for your arrival, Lord Yuehong?" the infernal lord's deep, stern voice sounded through the hall.

"Lord Samael..." Yuehong let out a sob, "Please, don't take her away from me!"

Hearing such a desperate exclamation from the Celestial-Fox of Nine Heavens, the infernal angel widened eyes at first, but then frowned:

"You know I cannot fulfill such request of yours, unless..."