Chapter 42: Powers of the Mother and the Daughter

"De Lapin Art - Wind Bunny!"

Bunny spirit Lutecia's blue hair fired up, and supreme blue energy surrounded her whole body, her eyes shining blue. The Kaninchen rabbits gasped:

"She has activated her supreme power!"

Mei watched her mother stupefiedly - she was this powerful?! Lutecia meanwhile roared and rushed forward, her speed so high it made her vanish in the air.

"Damn... She is something..." Yuehong muttered dumbfoundedly - he had never seen his wife in attacker position. He believed her to be sweet and mild... This was something totally different!

Meili and Evilia gasped as both of them got caught in the throats by the two hands of Lutecia who had suddenly appeared in front of them out of thin air, her eyes shimmering blue. She pushed them right into the ground, cracking it and hammering the two predator spirits right into it.

"Evilia!" Lola yelled in distress.

"Meili!" Tang was no less worried.

However, they soon saw how their spirits began dissipating - they had died, in a single hit of Lutecia's wind bunny fists! They both screamed and ran up to their spirits, but the two women - the owl and the panda - had already disappeared. Lola and Tang lamented, but no one had time for them now - finally, as the first hit was landed, the enemy parties decided to engage in battle.

"They killed two spirits! Attack!" Hans yelled, and the Kaninchen rabbits went on the move.

"Ulfrik, go!" Seiji ordered his wolf spirit, who howled and charged on.

"Lutecia De Lapin has returned!" Yuehong cried to his friends, "Fate is on our side! Attack!"

The friends charged on too. Lily dropped her body just like Lutecia, and Lady Lilith emerged, already transformed into her Basic Ultimate form. Samael too took his second form and turned into a gruesome reaper of the underworld, engaging in battle against Ulfrik who happened to be a master of darkness like him. Lutecia roared and attacked other Kaninchen rabbits now, taking five of them on alone.

"My mother is so powerful..." Mei murmured. "I didn't even know she held this much power..."

"You'd better think of your own well-being, little Huli freak..."

She frowned and gazed forward, catching the sight of Prince Hans von Kaninchen.

"Oh, I don't think a mere little rodent can overpower me..." she raised all of her red nine tails, firing them up. Her red nails turned into sharp red claws as she sneered, ready to attack.

"Heh, we'll see about that. After all, your mother was a 'mere little rodent' too, so you're not as different from us as you think!" he swung his hands, making giant lianas emerge from the ground.

"Oh, lianas? You think you can beat my fire with some plants?" Mei laughed and spat fire out of her mouth.

"Oh, but these aren't just 'some' plants... They're in fact fireproof!" Hans swung his hand forward, making the lianas charge on. They passed right through Mei's fire, grabbed the girl, and tied her up.

"Ah!" Mei yelled in pain as she was being squashed by the tight lianas. She tried to fire up all of her nine tails, but the fire had no impact on the lianas, and meanwhile, they were depleting her energy little by little.

"You're a goner, child!" Hans laughed, but in response, he heard Mei's chuckle. "Huh? What's so funny?"

"You," Mei smiled, but then winched in pain as she was still being squeezed by the plants. "You think I have only one form? I'm not only my mother's daughter. I am the daughter of Huli Yuehong! Yin!"

Hans gasped - she had a Yin form too? How come?! Only celestial foxes could unlock two forms! But then, those nine tails...

"Don't tell me, she's already immortal?!"

Yes, her nine tails proved it - she had reached the celestial level! However, it was already too late for him to back down - the red fox before him had already taken her white colour, her eyes had turned red, and her blond hair had switched to deep purple...

"Die, bunny..." the voice of the celestial tailed demon sounded. The freezing cold reached his lianas, covered them with ice, and shattered them to pieces.

"Ah!" he yelled and ran off as fast as he could.

"It is futile..." he heard the gruesome voice from the behind. "I am not only Yuehong's daughter. I am the daughter of Lutecia De Lapin, the fastest rabbit ever known to history..." she reached his throat. He stopped and began gasping for air, while the blood-red eyes shimmered before him as the nine-tailed white fox had clutched his throat: "You are the one who brought those humans on our borders millennia ago. You are the reason my mother died, so bear the punishment..."

Hans felt how his throat began freezing, and then, he heard the sound of ice shatter. Everything turned black for him, and his lifeless head rolled off his body... The last thing he heard was a desperate scream of his wife, Gretchen:

"Hans! No!!!"

His soul vanished.