Chapter 44: Ascension

Seeing the fire-bird ascend in the sky, everyone gasped - it was the Celestial Phoenix of Nine Heavens, the third of the legendary Kujaku Phoenix monarchs ever known to the world!

"I will not forgive you using divine fire for your sinful purposes, Feuer!" 

Phoenix Hoshiro squealed and flew towards Feuer at the speed of light. This latter widened eyes and wanted to build up a fire shield when the giant phoenix cut right through his fiery ropes, freeing tied Sandy and Sam in an instant. His fire impact was so high that it even threw Feuer back. The fire bunny lost control of his fire blow too and Yuehong immediately grabbed Lucy's body, jumping aside to protect her better. As this was done, Lutecia's spirit regained her senses and got back to her feet. However, as tied Sandy and Sam were floating in the air while caught in Feuer's fire, once it was cut through and dissipated, they both fell down.

"Ah!" Sandy cried in fear, but she was caught by Mei, the white nine-tailed fox.

"I've got you, auntie!"

"Oh, Mei! Thank goodness..." Sandy sighed with relief and gratefully beamed at the bunny-fox.

Sam was still falling.

"Ah! Save me!"

"Oh, goodness, Sammy!" Sandy wanted to rush towards her to help when a fire boy caught her. Feeling the warm hands clutch her, Sam looked up, just to see a young boy of over her age, with long white hair, ruby red eyes, white peacock feathers on the head, wearing white kimono. He had a long, beautiful, cloudy white peacock tail with dazzling red spots. He was so majestic, with those captivating red eyes full of wisdom and care...

"You okay, little one?" she heard a deep, kind voice emerge from the boy's smiling lips

"Uh... Uh-huh..." she only managed to mumble, so dumbfounded she was, enraptured by the boy's gaze.

"Whew, good... I might've overdone it there a little..."

He softly put her down.

"He... hehe..." Sam smiled almost against her will.

"Oh, thank goodness, Lord Hoshiro!" Sandy rushed up to them and hugged Sam tightly. "Thanks for saving her!"

"Nay, don't mention it, Sandra".

They heard a sneer from aside. All of them gazed at the end of the hall, to see Feuer stand up:

"I... still haven't lost yet. I shall defeat you all by myself! Kaninchen Art - Fire Bunny!"

He took his Basic Ultimate form, turning into a giant red monstrous rabbit, and spat fire out of his mouth.

"You are alone, Feuer! You can't defeat us anymore!"

Lutecia blasted him with a wind typhoon.

"Ugh, you pest!" Feuer dodged the shot with his fire shield, amplifying his flames even more. "I should've killed you right back at the barn of the Caldwell!" 

He gathered crimson flames around himself and directed them towards Lutecia. Yuehong grew distressed, but he couldn't leave his spot either as he was protecting far feebler thing - his wife's human body, which, if damaged, could result in his wife's complete death. However, Lutecia was concerned about another thing:

"You said, 'Back at the barn of the Caldwell'? So... it was you! You monster!"

Yes, it was he who burned her house back then, letting her experience her parents' death yet in another incarnation! Her heart filled with bitter rage and anguish. She roared in an infernal voice and high winds gathered around her, forming a tornado.

"Ah, mom, stop it! You'll blow everything off!"

But, no matter Mei's shout, the winds were getting stronger and stronger.

"She can't hear you now! Let's protect everyone! That's our top priority!" Yuehong cried.

"On it!" Lilith put up a strong dark shield.

"What's happening to her?" Incubus was frightened - a bunny spirit and with such powers?!

"She is experiencing a high wave of emotions!" Yuehong explained. "Whenever spirits experience the burst of emotions, be it positive or negative ones, their power greatly increases!"

Feuer, realising what he had just done, wanted to flee, but the tornado was so strong it began dragging him to itself. He blew fireballs at it, but it still continued dragging him in. Out of its center, a bright light began to emerge.

"What's happening?" Rose got worked up - all these typhoons and flames were overwhelming for a simple human like her.

"Oh, so it has worked out, after all..."

Yuehong raised an eyebrow:

"What are you talking about, Samael?"

"Don't you see? You said yourself, that when spirits experience a great burst of emotions, their power increases. For your daughter, it was when she lost her mother, and for your wife, it is apparently now..."

"No, you don't mean..."

"W... What's happening? What does he mean?" Sandy asked, but before they could answer, a giant grey bunny with two sets of long ears and monstrous legs stepped out of the tornado.

"Ah, what's that?" Rose screamed with horror, even adjusting her glasses as if not sure whether what she saw was real or not.

"It is... Lutecia!" Yuehong brightened, "So she... evolved into a celestial bunny?"

Everyone gasped - a celestial bunny spirit? But no bunny had ever reached the celestial level up until now!

"Really, dad?" Mei couldn't believe this fact either.

"Yes..." Samael answered instead of Yuehong, "Otherwise, why would Yuehong's powers be coming back?"

"Huh? They're coming back?" everyone gazed at Yuehong - his fur had indeed started to glow golden.

"Papa!" Mei got amazed.

"Haha! It worked! I'm turning back into the Celestial-Fox of Nine Heavens! Lutecia made it - she reached the celestial level. She became immortal!"

Feuer was quite worried by this new fact. It surely didn't bring him happiness:

"Huh? No way! There has been no celestial bunny before! How can this be possible?" 

He wanted to dart off now. Seeing that monstrous wind rabbit before him, he knew he had no chance to survive. But, who could outrun the fastest rabbit of all times - Lutecia De Lapin? Especially now, when she had ascended unto the celestial level...

"Feuer," they heard a gracious, divine voice of the celestial bunny spirit, "you disrupted the harmony of bunny spirits, and thus the whole nature. You killed innocent humans and brought chaos into our realms. You shall not get away with it..."

The celestial bunny brought up a large tornado, which attacked Feuer directly and engulfed him into its typhoons.

"Ah, no!!!" Feuer burst flames out, but it didn't help, for the celestial bunny's powers were a lot bigger. The fire rabbit king, the last of the vile Kaninchen Clan, was soon swallowed by the giant tornado and sent to the Black Energy realm.

When the tornado finally subsided and the enemies were no more, the celestial bunny spirit took back the form of Lutecia, and then the soul returned back into Lucy Caldwell's human body, embraced by the golden nine-tailed fox's arms. Yuehong's gracious beam shone down upon the unconscious girl:

"Welcome back, my little Lulu..."