Chapter 43: Celestial Powers of Kujaku Brothers

Gretchen, seeing her dead husband dissipate in the green light, screamed with horror and anguish. She flared up with rage, sneered, and jumped at Mei with her long white claws ready:

"I shall pulverize you, you damn fox!"

She wanted to cut Mei's face with her claws when a colourful, blue-to-green feathery fan blocked her way and her claws cut through it, getting stuck. The wielder of the colourful fan - Peacock Prince Zefiro - rolled it over and put Gretchen to the ground.

"Ah! You pest!" Gretchen sneered and sprang up, but screamed instantly - her claw that was stuck in the peacock's fan had broken. "Ugh!" she took her Basic Ultimate form, "You shall not get away with it, you chicken!"

"Thank you, Zefiro!"

Mei jumped away, engaging in the fight against the other Kaninchen rabbits together with Xiao-Hong and his hostess Rose, and the other allies. Meanwhile, Zefiro frowned at Gretchen and clutched his fan:

"You won't dare hurt my fiancée. I am no more the little kid whom you and your underlings tricked so easily. I will protect Mei-chan with my life".

"Well then, this shall be your last day!" the white rabbit dashed at him.

"Kujaku Art: Celestial Peacock - Thousand-Petal Lotus!" Zefiro morphed into his Basic Ultimate form - the form of a true peacock - and unfolded his colourful tail, covered indeed with a thousand blue spots.

"Take this!" Gretchen pulled up a snowy blizzard, directing it towards Zefiro. However, the peacock spirit didn't budge.

"Thousand-Petal Lotus - Celestial Peacock Light!"

Each of his thousand blue spots on his tail glowed yellow, shedding bright light

Each of his thousand blue spots on his tail glowed yellow, shedding bright light. They dissolved the blizzard in a single second, and what's more, struck Gretchen directly, blinding her eyes. She could feel her skin was burning. Zefiro gave out a peacock squeal and magnified his light powers, resulting in Gretchen's skin catching fire. She screamed in pain, but very soon she could utter no more words as she was already burnt to ashes. Zefiro took his human-like peacock form again and frowningly glared at once-alive Gretchen that had now dissipated in green light:

"This is the punishment you receive for defying the ancient laws and betraying your true princess".

Meanwhile, Samael too took down Ulfrik Wolfe pretty easily, so there was nothing else for the three humans - Seiji, Tang, and Lola - left to do, other than flee from the battlefield. However, not everyone was happy about such an outcome - the Kaninchen rabbits got pretty shocked and frightened as both Prince Hans and Princess Gretchen were no more, but the most grievous was still the red-haired fire rabbit king.

"No, Gretchen!!! Daughter!" Feuer shrilled with horror and despair and ran up to the dissipating light of his deceased daughter, "No! Come back to me!" hot tears gushed from his eyes, but that green light too soon vanished. Feuer yelled with rage at his opponents: "You're going to pay for this!"

He swung his hands and made tied Sandy and Sam appear.

"Ah! Save us!" Sandy cried with distress, already too frightened to be in hands of the hostile rabbit spirits.

"I want to go home!" Sam was sobbing.

"Hang on, Sam!" Lutecia shouted at her. She got pretty worked up to see her dearest friends in fire rabbit king's hands.

"L... Lutecia?! It's you?"

"It's me! I am reincarnated as Lucy!"

Sandy blinked - she missed her friend so much and she turned out to be beside her for all this time?!

"Unbelievable..."

"Silence!" Feuer clenched his fist. The fire ropes clutched tied Sandy and Sam and made them shriek in pain. "Now then, surrender or I shall kill them!"

Lutecia got concerned about her friends' well-being so she backed down. She looked at Yuehong. He nodded and all of the friends stopped fighting. 

"Give our friends back to us, Feuer. You've lost this battle".

"Oh, you think so? Well then, let me remind you of a very important little detail, Huli Yuehong..." Feuer grinned, "You remember how you once wanted to devour Lucy Caldwell in order to get Lutecia's soul out? But you didn't do it, because you got notified by Yamluo that Lucy Caldwell's body has one important characteristic that is her main weakness - if her body dies with forced death and not the natural one, the soul of Lutecia De Lapin will forever be consumed by the Black Energy, never to be reborn!"

He swung his hand and fire ropes grabbed Lucy's dropped body. Feeling the body had begun to burn Lutecia's spirit that had emerged shrieked in pain and began cramping.

"Ah, Lutecia! No!" Yuehong took his Yin form and stood in the way of Feuer's fire, protecting Lucy's body with his own five snowy-white tails. However, since he was not as strong as he was one time (due to him giving up his powers long ago in order to revive his beloved) it was hard for him to parry the fire bunny's attacks, and meanwhile, Sandy and Sam were getting burnt too...

"Kujaku Art: Supreme Transformation - Celestial Phoenix of Nine Heavens!"

A giant, fire-feathered gruesome phoenix emerged and flew up in the air, its red eyes angrily flashing - it was King Hoshiro!