Zeref x Reader- Day After

(In this Zeref curse to kill everybody got lifted and he is a regular visitor at Fairy Tail. Still immortal/dark wizard.)

Oh god. My head is pounding. What happened last night? I lazily stretch my arms above my head, refusing to open my eyes. I could feel the light attempting to penetrate my eyelids. I scowled, rolling the opposite direction of it. My arm slung over a warm object.

The hell? A frown pursed my lips. I ran my palm across the warmth, practically jumping when it shifts towards my touches in response. Oh no. I didn't. I couldn't have- I hesitantly allowed my (e/c) orbs to open.

My hand flew over my mouth to stifle the gasp. There, in my bed, was Zeref Dragneel. My boyfriend's brother. I threw myself into a sitting position. My head immediately screeched in response, making me dizzy and pained. Fucking hangovers!

I stopped and stared at the wizard. He looked rather peaceful, face content and hair wild. He faced the direction that I was sleeping in and his pale skin was flushed with warmth. I waited until I was slightly less disoriented before I decided to bite the bullet. What do I say to him? Hey, I may have seduced you a bit even though I'm dating your brother?

I finally settled on just waking him up. I gently splayed my palm against his arm, giving him a small shake. "Zeref," I whispered his name. The dark wizard's eyes clenched together. Then, they slowly fluttered open. I watched as his face went from contentment to pure confusion.

"(Y/n)?" Zeref's eyes widened in shock. He pulled himself up to sit beside me, wincing as his head expressed its disapproval. I quickly hid my body within the sheets. I should have gotten up and put something on before waking him up...stupid!

Zeref sleepily rubbed one of his eyes, trying to make sure it was focused correctly. The horror of the situation struck him all at once. His mouth opened and closed, fishing for something to say. Eventually he just fell silent with a pink blush dusting his cheeks.

"Can you...turn around for a second, please?"

Zeref knit his eyebrows curiously, but did as I asked.

"Fuck!" I tried to put pressure on my legs, but I immediately fell back onto the bed. Pain shot up my lower body from the contact.

"Are you okay?" Zeref's whisper was barely audible. He still kept to my wishes, not turning despite my profanity.

"Fine." I practically spat at him. I flinched with every step. Damn you to hell and back. I knew it was unfair to think that, given we were both equally at fault. Oh well. He didn't have to make me feel it for the next week. I slid on undergarments and a large t-shirt.

"Alright," I murmured, "I'm decent." Zeref's soft brown eyes fell on me. He had a small, apologetic frown on his face. The wizard opened his mouth to speak, but I quickly cut him off. "Don't apologize. We're both to blame. Here, for your headache." I pulled the bottle of ibuprofen off of the small table beside my bed. I took two for myself and passed him a couple. He mumbled his gratitude.

I took a swig of the water, passing it to him. Zeref shook his head with a small wave of his hand. "You shouldn't be shy of sharing a water with me. Who knows what we shared last night," I said dryly. Needless to say, he drank the water.

"Don't look." I twisted away from Zeref. A couple of shuffling noises later, he was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans. I cocked an eyebrow at his outfit.

"They're Natsu's," he answers quickly. "I still only wear my robe." I nod and silently gathered the courage to finally pop the question.