Laxus x Reader- Meant to Forget

Lol good luck guys. Your emotions are mine.

~

"Laxus, please!"

I struggled against the restraints, hissing when lightning would whip against my skin. Just when I assumed the pain would stop, another would hit. Then another. They left a numb sensation in their wake. Air ripped its way from my lungs when one struck my head. Warmth splattered across my face, dribbling down slowly.

It was blood, there was no doubt about it. The irony scent invaded my nostrils, but I couldn't give in. Not yet. Not when Laxus controlled the Thunder Palace. Especially not when my entire family was at risk. Just not yet.

"Cut it out, Laxus! We're your family, why would you want to do this?"

My voice came out hoarse and weak. I felt my bonds tighten around my chaffed wrists, making me pause my assaults for a moment. Only a moment. Then, I was right back to struggling.

Laxus turned towards me in a teasingly slow manner. He was so relaxed, so at ease with our destruction. His eyes drifted over me as though he was bored.

"No family of mine is this weak," he hissed.

The words stung more than every lightning that hit my skin, than every wound etched into my wrist. Weak. To him, that's all that Fairy Tail was. We were weak.

"You're one to talk, Dreyar." I spit the sentence like venom. "Hiding in your fancy fucking palace because you know you could never take on your 'weak' friends, huh? Practice what you preach, dumbass!"

The wizard was not amused. Lightning that was once sparse grew and multiplied, scarring my skin with gouges. I bit my tongue. Blood filled my mouth, but the pain seemed that much more bearable. Bearable enough to ignore the tears building in my eyes, the lack of air to my lungs.

"(Y/n)."

All at once, the assault ceased. My mouth broke open with a deep gasp, and I turned uneasily to see why. It was obvious Laxus wasn't intent on sparing me. Surprisingly, it wasn't Erza or even Natsu that came to my aid. Mystogan had engaged the rebellious wizard.

Finally, I thought whilst clambering to my feet. Finally he's distracted. Without their reinforcements, the ropes on my wrists came apart like silt in my hands. I stumbled drunkenly forward. My eye was hazed in red, no doubt due to the gash in my head from previous.

I approached the fight brashly, stumbling and lurching to help. Mystogan was strong- very strong, but so was Laxus. Laxus; however, had one thing over Mystogan- no morals.

"Stop," a voice barked.

An armored arm intercepted my path. Erza. The warrior gently nudged me backwards, egging me towards the exit. I stared at the arm quizzically. If I could stand, I could fight. I could fight for the family that meant so much to me.

"You have won your battle," she states, "but only if you live through it. Go get healed, (Y/n)."

For some reason, her speech made my shoulders sag in relief. There would be no more fighting for me. Not for today, at least. After hours of torture, it was finally time for me to rest.

I pitched myself into Porlyusica's patient bed, practically falling into the downy mattress. She turned to look at me. For a second, her face was masked in disbelief and confusion. It was gone just as fast as it came.

"You shouldn't be walking," she states.

"I didn't have another way to get here."