Natsu x Reader~ Kryptonite (2)

Recap:

The world was bathed in a stunning white light. Either that, or I was dying. I wished for the latter if it meant never feeling that pain once more.

My head started falling forward, and fast. I barely registered it. Everything was numb. Pushed so far past the point of exhaustion that it felt nothing.

Not even the gentle embrace of a stunned savior.

~~Back to your scheduled programming~~

What time is it? I thought drearily. My head was pounding. It has to be late, I concluded. If I already had a headache then I had to have been sleeping for quite a while. Not to mention the inexplicable numbness in my veins. Every muscle was laid at rest.

"...awake...fine...exhausted..."

Snippets of a conversation graced my ears, making my face involuntarily scrunch up in confusion. Who's in my room? I didn't recall inviting anyone over. In fact, I barely recalled anything.

I used one disoriented hand to smooth out my covers, only to encounter a blocker of sorts. A very cold blocker. Pressed up next to me. Breathing.

A wave of realization rinsed over my mind. Fairy Tail. Natsu. The mission. My eyes snapped open at once, meeting unruly blackish hair. I was despairingly confused. Why is Gray in my bed?

Swiftly, I attempted to pull myself into a sitting position. The action was met with screeching muscles and undeniable pain. I reclined down once more, gasping for air. Everything hurts.

"You're awake!" I twisted my head towards the voice, meeting eyes with an ecstatic Wendy. Relief warmed my body. She's okay. They're all okay. My body relaxed. Somehow, we had all survived.

"Here, have a drink! You've been asleep for quite a while." Erza passed me a glass of water. Now that it was mentioned, my mouth was like sandpaper. I graciously took the drink and swallowed it all in one go. Immediate humiliation set in when a drop slipped from my mouth. With both of them watching!

All of our attention turned to Gray, who was beginning to stir. He stretched before clambering into a sitting position. The mage released a hearty yawn before finally addressing me.

"Finally awake?"

I could only answer with a small nod. The situation was insanely bizarre, and it was evident I had scooted away from him once I woke up. Hopefully I didn't hurt his feelings...

"You were really hot! So we had Gray sleep with you since he's naturally cold. It's the best we could do without being at the guild." Wendy chided.

My eyes swept the surroundings. We were in a hotel, the one I was in had two beds. Obviously we had to have rented two. I decided Natsu and Lucy; alongside the exceeds, must have stayed in the other. The thought saddened me a bit. It was almost as though I was betrayed by them sharing a room. I didn't have time to ponder why before the door was slung open.

"You're awake!" Natsu screeched.

Speaking of the pyromaniac, he had most definitely damaged the wall. Lucy and the cats followed after shortly. I acknowledged them with a small smile. Natsu; however, was glaring past me. I curiously tipped my head to follow his gaze. The quest only lead me to awkwardly stare at Gray. Almost immediately, I ripped my focus away. Nope.

"How are you feeling?"

Lucy piped up quietly. Her voice was so soft I barely registered it. I nodded before trying to speak.