Rogue x Reader~ My Angel

(Angel/Demon) AU

Back when I was little, I didn't used to hide them. I would open them up wide and show the world. The feeling was always amazing. The drop in your stomach, the excitement, the adrenaline. Then all of that changed. It's weird how easy you can lose something. A feeling, a person, a limb. I would trade everything just to have them back.

In a world full of wizards and mages; dragons and magic, you would think a wingless angel wouldn't be that noticeable. That isn't the case. Our wings are our status symbols, they make us what we are. Without them we are scorned. Hated. Angel or demon doesn't matter as long as you have wings.

They were cut off by a demon when I was younger. No matter how many times my parents told me to avoid him, I trusted him. I was small and naive. I paid the ultimate price. These days, I just stay hidden. Down low. I bind them to my back. It's easier to pretend to be normal than to pretend to be special.

My arms sought out Tifft to pull her to my chest. The exceed snuggled beneath my chin. Her white fur was stained wet from my tears. Each one ran down my cheek, tickling the skin.

"Shhh, it's okay," she muttered, blind eyes raising to look me in the face. "I know how it feels to lose something that was a part of you. Feel free to cry."

I began to shudder, attempting to hold back. My hand raised to wipe one away. Emotions were a luxury that I couldn't afford. Not anymore. If I could, my days would be lived in despondency.

"There's no use crying over spilled milk." I said gravelly.

"May I feel them?" Tifft carefully asked, hopping off of our bed. Her small footsteps echoed around the house.

"I want to know what angel wings looked like."

I sighed. "Maybe you should find another angel. Mine are scarred beyond recognition, and cut off about a foot in."

My exceed's ear flick as she tried to visualize the sight.

"I still want to see them, (Y/n). If you'll show me."

I slowly pulled of my shirt and sat on the hard-wood floor. Tifft wandered closer when she heard the fabric hit the ground. Her small paws trailed across my back, feeling the grooves of the surgical tape I bound them in. My fingers dipped to peel the edges off. The binding unraveled, dropping to the floor with a small whoosh.

A sharp, fiery pain shot up my back. I hissed involuntarily and screwed my eyes shut. Slowly, the appendages unfurled, and I winced with every pop and crack. Tifft's blind eyes were concentrated on my once white wings.

"I don't think it's healthy to keep them bound so tightly." She muttered, gently beginning to ruffle my scarred feathers.

I imagined the sight she would formulate. Scars that stained my entire back, scorch marks littering my fair complexion. Feathers that grew out at awkward angles and stuck into my skin like needles. Nothing angelic. I leaned my chin on my hands in defeat.

"What color are they?" She finally asked, dropping to a sitting position.

"White; I'm sorry I didn't tell you this sooner. It hardly affects my life anymore. When I lost them, I lost my magic too."

Tifft crawled into my lap, drawing her snow-colored tail close to her. "I understand completely. Besides, I had taken a guess you had something you were hiding. You contain immense magic power that it appears you are unable to use. I didn't know the scar would run this deep, however. I'm sorry."