Branch Chapter (START)~ ____ Water

(Credit to firedudewraith on DeviantArt)

I'm going to be reusing the name "Tempestas" (which means storm in Latin) for your dragon.

(Credit to Blackwell-Art on DeviantArt)

This chapter won't have a specific "ship", it's going to branch into multiple chapters. Each one will be with a different character. So, consider it background information.

~

A low, melancholic hum sounded through the storm. Rain pelleted down hard as bullets. The waves of the sea raged against land in an eternal battle. No response came to the twisted song.

It rang out once more. A melody was woven into each call, and they sounded bizarre. The song seemed to be meant for vocal chords distant from its owner's. That did not stop the bellowing individual from making their voice heard.

There was never a third call. The storm swallowed it whole, greedily hoarding it within its depths. That would be all for today. Thunder would block any other attempts.

Just when the lonesome individual stopped their quest, a second hum rang out. This one was on a much larger spectrum. Much louder than the previous. The storm halted its assault to listen to the beast's approach. Even the waves fell still, hanging on every word. Everything was like a stilled portrait.

Like glass shattering, the waves broke apart. From it emerged a serpent. Her scales glittered like billions of polished sapphires. She invoked a strong presence, one that demanded respect. Many would bow just by the sight of her. The dragon seemed to have no end.

A hum rang out. Unlike the raspy, odd sound of the other being, her song was much more smooth. The noise was equivalent to a harp being strummed with the most attuned fingers. Like a choir singing in perfect harmony. There was no flaw to the dragon's voice, no flaw to her in general. Her being was ethereal.

~1st POV~

I watched the water shift under Tempestas' lean form. There was no wake to their waves. Not even the ocean dare to disrespect her, and nature caved beneath her. No matter where she went the sun seemed to follow. Every ray hit her shifting hide, making sparkles dance across the ocean floor below.

My legs treaded the water with ease. She wasn't the only being that water respected. No, it held a great appreciation for her daughter too. The daughter of the Water Dragon Queen, Tempestas.

A throaty hum echoed from my chest. It seemed to roll off the waves, hitting the observant ears of my mother. There was no meaning to the noise. All it did was convey great satisfaction. Showed her I was glad for her return.

Temp stopped before me. Her body blocked out the sun, and a deep rumble brewed in her chest. The sound would put thunder to shame. She dipped her mighty head, gently pushing her nose to my forehead. It had a simple meaning.