Eternal ~ Cobra x Reader

Sorry for the longest time to update known to man! I recently started the last season so you guys can expect some more updates! Hopefully, haha. I never known anymore ;,). This was a request for another Cobra x Reader, so here we go!~
(And, for those of you waiting on P.2 of Talk To Me, I hope you're ready for the continuation! I put a lot of thought into its sequel ^^)

~~~~

Crying. Screaming. Burning. Every breath I took brought me closer to death. I could feel it in the way my limbs shook, the way my very soul seemed to quiver. My hand meekly raised for the door knob- I was so close, so close to freedom- but it couldn't turn the handle. All hopes of life fled my body. This was the end. The end of me, of my life and all I had lived.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n) open the damn door!" A frantic voice erupted from the other room.

I didn't even turn to look. It was obvious as to what my fate entailed. My time had come... again. Smoke twisted in the air above my eyes, weaving intricate shapes. What a way to go, I thought with dry humor. Everything was steadily growing blurrier, and the frantic pounding on the door switched for striking. It wouldn't matter- the metal had melded to the frame. I was going to die alone.

My watering eyes could no longer see the world. Everything was tingling as I lost the ability to feel. Despite this, there was no fear. I wasn't scared to go again. Lifespans upon lifespans, thousands of years alive- it was just another repeat.

I closed my eyes for the last time. Every breath I took was shaky, weak. It left me wondering which would be my last.

"Damnit, (Y/n)!" The voice was much closer. Whoever it was- they had done it, and the door had been broke. I didn't have the energy to wonder how.

"It's time... again?" The voice said, but they were growing farther away. It sounded like they were talking through water. My soul was ebbing away. A distant crash signified the caving in of the house's roof. Perhaps we were both doomed. Perhaps I'd never know.

A weak touch landed on my forehead. I could barely tell, but I knew it was their own head. They were cradling me softly. What a nice way to go, I thought. Surrounded by the warmth of another person.

Then it was over. Like a light switch being flicked off, everything fled my body. My soul had finally separated... and the cycle had begun again.

~~~

"So," I began, kicking my legs up onto a desk, "who are we going against this time?"

Team Natsu turned to give me an incredulous look. Not that I blamed them. We had just been debriefed on the mission, and yet here I was. Asking about it. Aboard the airship Christina, of which we were using for this very mission.

"The Oración Seis, of course." Gray replied, pinching his nose.

"...And we need their help?" I asked, beckoning to the wizards around us. They seemed a bit offended.

"Unfortunately," Erza said.

I rolled my eyes. Personally, I didn't think we required the aid of the little girl- Wendy- or any of the other helpers. If anything, they were being put at risk. We were risking the life of a literal child. Who does that?!

Thirsty, I brought my drink to my lips. The water was empty. How annoying. I tossed the empty bottle, instead opting to look out the window. A glint met my eyes. Hold on... A magic blast became apparent the more I stared. Adrenaline shot through my body, forcing my muscles forward like a puppet on a string.