-9- Atrocity

Welcome to ze ninth chapter!
Today, we continue exactly where we left off last time! Crazy, no?
Read, and have fun!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Dan's POV

When I opened my eyes, or tried to, the first thing I noticed was my body feeling much less fatigued than I remembered. Even the usual haziness through which I kept seeing things had subsided to a degree. It was not like my fever had gone away that easily, of course, but it was definitely a world of difference compared to before.

That nap really must've done wonders for me...

I thought that, as I tried to turn myself around on the couch. Surprisingly enough, it was only then when I realized that my body was being jeopardized. Me attempting to lift my right arm ultimately resulted in nothing. It was futile. The grip held on my arm was beyond belief.

And that was when I finally noticed the most important detail. The fact that it took me so long to realize Natsuki was right here, in my house, next to me, really told me I was still ill. There was no other way my brain would have been so slow.

With that said, reality sunk in. Natsuki was here, in my house, sitting next to me. At first it was confusion. She was asleep, just like I was, and she was still holding onto my arm. Secondly, the fluster kicked in. She came by to visit, while I was ill, and now I felt better. I could see multiple glasses on the table, along with a semi-empty package of paracetamol. Third, I was practically set aflame.

What is this girl, an angel?

That was all I could think, covering my face with my free hand. I was stuck in place, but I also was not necessarily complaining about it. Natsuki was very warm, and soft. It was definitely a pleasurable experience to be held by her, especially since I was still quite ill.

At that moment, I figured it might have been best for me to retract my arm from her grip, not wanting to weird her out whenever she decided to wake up. But then another issue hit me. What if me moving my arm around, while she's holding it to her chest, would be considered as groping?

I sighed, defeated. In conclusion to my train of thought, I thought it would probably be safest to keep my arm still. I simply had to rely on my explaining capabilities when she woke up. At the very least, by doing this, I at least know for certain I did not commit any vile atrocities myself. I considered that a partial win for now.

For all I knew, I was stuck. Literally and figuratively. All the sudden thinking after just waking up made my head start to swell in pain. It was not as bad as before, but it did make me force myself to worry less. Instead of thinking more, I let myself deflate a little. Slouching down even further by laying myself completely flat on the couch.

With my head rested properly, I felt like I could not really help but stare at the dozing girl, as she sat attached to me. Without the risk of being judged for staring, the temptation to do so was practically unbeatable. No second thought went through my mind as I allowed myself to observe.

All her facial features. From her closed eyes, to her nose, to her mouth, to her skin in general. She seemed at peace, more than she usually made it out to be. Soft. That would have been the word. Everything about her had a soft aura. Extremely huggable, too.

Her hair also looked so soft. I was tempted to touch it, but I was afraid that would still be put under the vile atrocities I mentioned earlier. I sighed, breaking my eyes away from Natsuki.