-29- I know, I know

Welcome to ze twenty-ninth chapter!
I have indeed been gone for quite a while, but story-wise, I am prepared. I know pretty much completely where I want to take this new arc. Oh, and I guess I'm not dead either. Though school has started yet again... Well whatever.
(Please notify me on any spelling/grammar mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Author's POV

"You're doing it again."

"Huh, what?" Sayori's light eyes quickly averted from the screen of her phone, as she innocently wiped the smirk off her face.

"That mischievous grin like the one you showed earlier today. That can't still be about Monika, right?" Dan interrogated Sayori suspiciously.

"W-why not? It was really funny!"

"It might have been, but what you were smiling about just now was definitely due to something on your phone." Dan slowly started to connect the dots. Suddenly it hit him. "Wait-"

He cut himself off by swiftly snatching her phone away from her possession. His eyes widened immediately after seeing what was on the screen. It was a picture of himself with Natsuki on top of him. They were holding each other in a tight embrace as Natsuki rested her head on Dan's chest. Their legs were intertwined, indicating that they wouldn't let go of each other any time soon.

Dan's face had turned glowing red by now, as he slowly put her phone down. "H-how... You- Did you see us? Y-y-you know... l-last night?" He nervously gulped.

Sayori looked down, a bit embarrassed. "You two just looked really cute. I can't just pass up such a chance when I come across it, right?" She mumbled softly.

"Ugh I guess it's fine..." His face was still flustered. "Just, don't share it with everyone, please?"

"Why would I do that?"

"I don't know. You can be very unpredictable Sayori, and you have been so since we were young." Dan chuckled lightly at the memories.

"Ehehe~ Sorry about that!" She took a sip from her big cup of hot cocoa.

"By the way, Dan, I will be invited to your wedding, right?"

"Of course Sayori! Why wouldn't we invite you to our wedding?" Dan began to drink from his water bottle, yet only to almost spit it out again as realization hit him.

"Th-this is what I meant with 'unpredictable', Sayori! What are you gonna ask next? How many-"

"-kids do you two plan on getting? Oh oh oh! Can I name at least one of your kids?" Sayori nearly started to dance from her excitement.

Dan gave up and produced a large sigh. "Sure, Sayori, but you probably have to ask Suki first about the na- Wait, what am I even saying?! Can we talk about something else now?"

Sayori's face was still lit up after all this. "Really? Last time I asked you just redirected me to Natsuki, but now I know that I at least have your permission."

Dan's eye twitched out of slight annoyance. "Sayori. Can we stop it now?'

"O-oh, yeah sure..." The light-haired girl took another sip of her hot cocoa, whilst looking down in shame.

Meanwhile, Dan had recollected himself somewhat and picked up Sayori's goldmine of pictures again. He decided to take a look at exactly how many photos she's taken.