-23- Yesterday was a Day that happened

Welcome to ze twenty-third chapter!
Let us not take too long, but jump right in.
(Please notify me on any spelling/grammar mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Dan's POV

"I love you."

Those were the words that came out at that moment, I had absolutely no control over it; not that I regretted saying it. I think I unconsciously wanted to tell her that for quite a while, even though I wasn't sure yet what my feelings meant at the time. But now, I know exactly how I feel, just by how easily and without any negative thoughts those words were sent out towards her.

I was still holding her smaller body within my arms, and it was quiet around and between us. She definitely heard what I said, right? I mean, I would be speechless too if someone told me that out of the blue. So I don't really mind waiting whatsoever to get an answer, and hey, it's not like I'm not enjoying— Ow!

I've never felt such a pain as this.

Right now, all I could feel was a burning or... shocking experience around my stomach. At this moment, I wasn't holding onto Natsuki any longer; in fact, I was hugging myself harder than I have hugged anyone. Ever. My knees gave in, slowly, and I started lowering to the ground.

I looked up with disbelief, ehh, just shock actually. "Ahaahahaaa" I laughed awkwardly, more due to it hurting a lot more than I expected it to. "U-uhm... Why exactly d-did you punch me?" I looked at Natsuki properly this time, and noticed that her face was glowing brighter than it ever has. Crap, I probably made her too uncomfortable, should've seen that coming. Not like I did it on purpose though.

"I-i-it's be-because you are an i-idiot. Y-yes, just a big du-dummy." Aaaaand she looked away. Great, that's probably all I'm gonna get out of her. "Well, you can't blame me. It's not like I had much control over what I wanted to say, I didn't even know what I said until after I said it... Wait, does that make sense?" I laid down on the ground, which was pretty cold and uncomfortable, not that surprising actually. Natsuki laid down next to me, surprisingly. "You a-almost never make sense d-d-dummy... a-and you should also l-learn to say less weird things to the girl you a-apparently l-lo-... l-like." Natsuki told me, still stuttering though.

"Yeah... sorry about that, seems like I just can't get those things out of my system, but I'll try to keep it more subtle from now on." I smiled while promising that. A promise which I most likely couldn't keep though. "B-but I..." Natsuki tried to tell me something, but had a little difficulty with it. Natsuki cleared her throat and tried again, "But I-I... think I lo-... l-lo-..." She sighed in annoyance, mumbling something about me being stupid or something along those lines. "I think I lo-lo-... Agh! I just like you too, okay?!"

"Huh...? Wait what?"

———

I shot straight up, totally flabbergasted by this dream.

But... it felt way too real, it felt more like a... like a memory.

Then it hit me, it was a memory, you idiot! It happened just yesterday.
Everything that had happened appeared into my mind.
Holy shit, it really did happen.

And so, I got up, way too happy and way too energetic. I was actually excited to go to school today, well not because of school itself, of course. I enthusiastically skipped towards the kitchen, which I have never done before. I made a pretty simplistic breakfast, consisting of a sandwich with ham and cheese and some ice tea; breakfast has never tasted any better.