-10.5- Downpour

Welcome to ze tenth-and-a-half-eth chapter!
Not to worry, the .5 does not mean it's filler...
What does it mean, then?
I'm sure you'll figure it out once you've read the chapter yourself.
Fun, fun, fun... Have, have, have!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Natsuki's POV

It rained.

It rained so hard, that the windows seemed to be trembling from the continuous beating. The clattering got me dazed; it got me staring at the foggy outside. I sighed, deeply, making the window more foggy.

I forgot my umbrella that day.

Even though I clearly remember the weather report.

So, I was bummed out.

To add to my bad luck, I did not have the option to wait any longer. Club was already over and done with. I had to go home.

So, I did.

Sighing again, and walking out the clubroom, Dan walked alongside me. He said nothing, and neither did I; it was nice. For some odd reason, I vaguely remember the silence between us to be just a little awkward. In the past, that was.

But not today. Today was nice. It was actually very comforting, the silence.

Wait, that's not it...

Not the silence, actually. Him, being here.

All the hallways were empty, as we walked by. No one was to be seen, no student, no teacher, not anyone. It was a little odd, but I did not think much more of it. I was simply enjoying the company.

"Natsuki?" his voice called.

We reached the school entrance, or the exit, from our perspective. Past the door, rain poured like a waterfall. It even sounded like one. As he spoke to me, the loud noise got silent.

"Hm?" I did not look at him.

"You forgot your umbrella?" he pointed out.

"Yeah."

"Me too."

We stood in silence, practically shoulder to shoulder, dreading the next few steps and onwards. Whether we liked it or not, we would have to tread on. At any rate, the destructive downpour definitely did not seem to let up any time soon.

"This sucks," Dan announced. "Even thought my house is within walking distance, it's still very far away when it's raining like this," he sighed.

I looked at him again and said, "Wanna stop at my place instead?"

"Huh?"

"Well, it's not as far as your house, and it might be a good place to wait for the rain to pass," he looked at me with wide eyes, as if I just said something rather insane.

"A-are you sure?"

His uncertainty was contagious, and I felt my face get red and hot. "O-obviously," I replied. At that point, I had already agreed to it, but only now did I think longer on it. For my sake, I really hope dad isn't home.

"Let's go then, stupid," I announced, stepping forward. "Your distant staring is only going to waste us time, y'know."

"R-right!"

The rain was simply horrid. We were practically fully drenched after just a minute of running through it. We ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and kept running. I had to lead the way for Dan, because he did not know where I lived. It was not fun, but surprisingly, we got home very quickly. I definitely did not remember my house being this close to school.