-14- Suki

Good day to y'all, welcome to ze fourteenth chapter!
Well more like hot day, it's 30 degrees Celsius today, I'm glad I was actually able to write a chapter in this I N T E N S E heat.
In today's chapter we are starting right where we left of last time.
Have a good time reading!
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct it ASAP)

———

Natsuki's POV

What just happened?
Did Dan just kiss me?
Was it even intentional?
It must be, I mean, it's Dan we're talking about.
Wait, but I kissed back... Does that mean... Ahh I don't even know anymore.

I looked up and straight into Dan's eyes, my face had probably already melted.
"D-Dan...did you just kiss me?" Dan looked away nervously, avoiding any eye contact with me.
"M-m-maybe I did, b-but I didn't kiss you on purpose..." he replied, but I didn't believe it at all.
"Yeah right, I don't believe you for one bit." He suddenly looked me in the eyes. Crap, maybe he did mean it.
"I was just teasing you Natsuki, but my hands slipped and- wait a second, didn't you kiss me back just now?" I could see the smirk already growing on his face. Well sh!t. "You were just as accidentally committed to the kiss as I was, weren't you?" I was absolutely speechless, my face was heating up like hell. 

Now I was the one avoiding eye contact. "A-a-aahhh- umm... m-maybe a little bit." "I knew it!" "Let's just forget it for now, we still need to finish the cupcakes, d-dummy." "Whoah, I'm promoted from idiot to dummy, do I really mean that much to you?" I really wasn't in the mood for that, and I think he could tell from my face since his smirk went away rather quickly. "Yeah you're right, let's finish the cupcakes first." Dan scratched the back of his neck.

———

Dan's POV

The cupcakes were in the oven for some time now, and I've already somewhat cleaned the kitchen; to make it easier to work. Meanwhile the mood has been getting less and less awkward, it's actually better than before the kiss.
"Nice, now we've got some space to work with the decorations." I said after cleaning a big part of the counter.
Natsuki just stood some bit away from me, drinking a glass of soda. She wasn't planning on helping me clean in the first place, so she was just watching me, laughing from time to time when I almost slipped for example.

I looked at the clock to check how long the cupcakes have already been in the oven.
They're about halfway done, so I guess it's now time to start preparing the decorations.
"Hey Suki, the cupcakes are about halfway done, shouldn't we start preparing the decorations?" I could see Natsuki blush at the nickname I just gave her.

"Y-yeah sure." She set her glass away while her blush slowly faded.
I just watched her grab the needed ingredients and throwing them in a bowl. After she mixed for a minute she handed the bowl to me, "Here, I'm sure you're able to mix the rest of the frosting." "Uhh sure." I took the bowl from her but the instant I tried to stir I could notice that it was quite a hard task. If only the electrical mixer wasn't dirty from the cupcake batter.

While I was trying my best to make a smooth substance out of the ingredients, Natsuki had already finished mixing the second bowl. I just looked at her with an awkward smile. She shook her head at me and sighed. She walked over to me and partially grabbed the bowl, while standing right against me. She took the whisk out of my hand and showed me how to do it. "You just... got to... beat the crap out of it!" "A-alright, I think I got the message now...".

We finally finished preparing the decorations, but now we have to think of how we're going to decorate the cupcakes.
"You got any of your creative ideas left Suki?" "Please do not call me Suki again." "Why not? It sounds cute."
"But I'm not cute."
"Yes, you are~"
"No, I'm not."
"Oh yes, you are~"
"No Dan, I'm not cute."
"But you are~"
"Ughhh fine, but you're annoying."
"I'll take it."

"So what's your idea Suki?" Natsuki's left eye twitched and I just smirked at her.
"Alright, I was thinking we could maybe make all kinds of different animal faces on top of the cupcakes."
"That's a sweet idea, I was actually thinking of putting all kinds of different words on them, ya know, still making it a bit literature themed." Natsuki looked a little surprised. "Didn't know you could be so creative Dan, because that's actually a great idea." I actually only thought of that idea because I'm not good at drawing, let alone on cupcakes.
"Well then, why don't we each decorate half of the cupcakes; one half with animals and one half with words. Sound good?" I said putting my hand out for a high five, "Sounds like a plan." Natsuki grinned while giving me a high five.

———

There y'all have it.
If any of you have a chapter suggestion, then be sure to tell me, I'll shout you out too.
(I'm not having a writers block btw, I just like to hear what kind of ideas you guys have.)
Until next time!

(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)