-24- Mischief

Welcome to ze twenty-fourth chapter!
Man oh man, it looks like I was finally able to finish it.
This damn chapter has 3200+ words! That's my highest amount ever!!
(Please notify me on any spelling/grammar mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Dan's POV

Finally, all the lame parts of school are over and the club meetings are about to begin. Unfortunately, I'm still titled as the Silliest Sausage of this month in English class, so those periods drain me of the very last amounts of my energy.

Good thing that I'll be able to read manga with Suki again, just the whole ambiance within the literature club is amazing; it makes all the suffering from earlier in the day totally worth it, even when I don't have a single class with Natsuki.

The bell rang and I made my way towards our clubroom. Upon entering I was greeted by everyone, it looked like I was last again. Instantaneously, Monika grabbed hold of me via eye contact, even though I wasn't looking anywhere in her direction.

Not even thinking of fighting back, I made my way to the front of the class, where the all-knowing literature club president Monika awaited me...

Oh and Yuri stood there too.

"Good afternoon Dan!" Monika smiled cheerfully, "A-afternoon" Yuri said, looking away. "'Sup, so why was I pulled all the way over here?" Yuri looked confused, meanwhile Monika chuckled silently. "Yes, wouldn't you like to know, huh..." After hearing those words, a whole other type of eye-contact originated between Yuri and I.

Hey Yuri, has Monika ever shown this type of behavior before?

N-no, I don't think so. What do you reckon we should do D-Daniel?

Well, the way I see it, we have two options: fight or flee.

F-fi-fight?! We have to fight Monika?

Not necessarily, remember, we can also still flee...

Guys, what are you eye-contacting each other about?

Uwah?! Sayori? Where did you come from?

From the other side of the classroom, you know, Monika is prolly thinking we are weird.

H-huh? How so?

It looks like we're having some competitive staring contest.

All right you two, let's end this meeting for now.

We all turned back to reality, of course still rather cautious of Monika. We just can't let such behavior slide that easily. "Umm, I don't really know what's going on, but Dan, could you maybe write down the title of whatever you're going to be reading for our reading club on this list?" Monika looked really confused, but waved our childish acts off anyway. "Oh sure." If only she asked that right away, would've spared us the stress.

I grabbed the list gently and noticed that everyone had already written down their choices. "So Dan, are you also choosing a manga series like Natsuki or..." Monika asked me curiously. "Ah yes, I thought I might as well take this as a chance to read some new manga. I've already started reading it too." "Well well, looks like we've trained you somewhat decently" Monika praised as Sayori actually wiped a tear away. These girls can be some of the weirdest people out there sometimes...

"Alright, is that all I had to do?" As I placed the pencil back on the desk. "Yes, you can go to your usual activities now, but keep in mind that we'll start the reading club activities from the next meeting and onwards." I gave her a thumbs-up. "Sure, it's noted."