-35- Pinky Promise

Welcome to ze thirty-fifth chapter!!
Yes, today is a shorter chapter, my apologies, for I have not written properly in English for months, so I wanted to slowly dive back in again.
I kinda missed this tbh...
Anyways, have fun reading!
(Please notify me of any grammar/spelling mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Author's POV

"Suki."

The girl's name was called, but it went without a reply.

"Suki." She was called again, slightly louder this time.

"Natsuki." The boyfriend had increased his volume to normal speaking level. Unfortunately, his girlfriend just wouldn't wake up. This meant he had to resort to extreme measures. Good for him though, since he knew exactly what her weak spots were.

As he hovered his hands along her sides, he locked onto the areas he knew she couldn't resist. After getting ready for a perfectly synchronized move, Dan playfully pressed his fingers into the fabric of Natsuki's jumper, targeting the fact that his girlfriend was extremely ticklish.

Naturally, his girlfriend gave a quick jolt, chopping one of his arms in the process. This made the reckless teen retreat, a slight hint of regret featuring on his face. "Not worth it..."

"What the hell, Dan?"

"What do you mean? You keep sleeping during club all the time, you idiot. Like, it's actually starting to feel cliché now."

"Sleeping is cliché? How?"

"Well, duh, you're overdoing it. Don't you get enough sleep or something?"

"I dunno."

"I might as well take that as a 'yes', given your nature. Suki, do I need to explain to you why it's important to get enough sleep every night?"

"No..." Natsuki averted her eyes to the floor.

She felt a hand caress her shoulder. "Hey, don't make me worry about you. If you really aren't getting enough sleep, please tell me why. You know you can tell me anything, right?" He wore a warm smile, which of course, she couldn't see.

"I know, but..." she halted, "...I'm embarrassed, I can't tell you."

"That's fine. But I want you to know, I'll never shame you for anything, and I'll always be here to listen to you. No matter how mundane or unimportant it may seem to you. I'll always listen," a silence grew, comfortably. The room was spacious, yet the two sat cuddled together, gladly embracing each other's warmth.

"Thank you," muttered Natsuki.

"No worries," he softly and intimately ruffled her hair. "And I don't want to completely ruin your vibe, but I did mean it when I said that we probably should go soon..."

———

The couple had left the school, and they went for a long, indirect stroll, instead of going home directly. Yet again, the sun had been setting for some time now, and the two teens had absolutely no intention of making haste. The enjoyment they got from each other's presence was just that strong.