-Chapter 4-

-Isabelle Quinn-

We were speeding so fast that the houses, lamp-posts and people looked all blurred and fuzzy. I felt sick and there was a lump at the back of my throat. I didn’t know how fast he was going, but I knew for sure that he was well over the limit.

We skidded onto a busy road and jerk stopped at a red light, so close to hitting the vehicle in front. I flew forwards then back down, thank god the belt was there to save my life. I breathed fast and my eyes darted all around and fell on the insane driver that I should not have accompanied in this car.

“Please, can you slow down. I think I’m gonna throw up” I can feel the sick in my throat and I use all my will power to keep it down.

“I can’t!” he snaps. My eyes widen at his frustration, I think I’ll keep quiet for the rest of the way, but where were we actually going? I was too afraid to ask so I sit in awkward silence when the lights change from red to amber and instantly to green. We zoom off again.

-Nathan Blake-

I looked over at her, just quick glances and her face was green. She looked quite pale too. I was worrying her, but I had to get home. My mother had never sounded so scared in her life, her voice shook on the other end of the line.

I made a quick swerve and Isabelle gave a high yelp and grabbed onto the edge of the seat. She frantically waved her hands and nearly smacked me in the jaw again.

“What?” I asked, and moments later she managed to say. “Roll the window down.”

As soon as I did, she threw her head out and wretches. I turn my head away in disgust, it’s an unpleasant sight and sound. I just hope to god her sick isn’t all over the outside of my car. I look at her and wince, she wretches again and I try patting her on the back in a comforting manner. Her hair flaps wildly in the wind when finally her head is back inside the window, her hair is sticking up everywhere.

“We’re nearly there” I reassure her, but she has a vacant expression on her face. I knew for a fact she’d throw up again.

***

The gates fly open and I drive in. The circular fountain coming into view. I drive around it and stop in front of the doors. I don’t wait for anyone to open my car door but I run out and up the stairs. I remember that I’d bought a visitor and watch her stare at the house. She was new to this.

-Isabelle Quinn-

I honestly must have been dreaming. The house I looked at was huge, with number of expensive cars sitting outside complimenting the house nicely. The fountain sprayed water so elegantly that the sound of trickling water was so soothing. The huge wooden doors open and I’m blinded by the light from the vast hallway. I’d never been in this neighbourhood before, and because I was busy vomiting I probably didn’t realise us coming here.

I walk up to the porch and Nathan is impatiently staring at me.