-Chapter 33-

It's a short chapter and I didn't get 40 votes on the other but still posting ti anyway :)

(Proofread)

_______________________________________________________

Alan watched the car speed of, his nephew behind the wheel but that didn’t bother him – instead it made him grin with glee. He plucked out his phone from the pocket, stealing a glance at Mr. Daniel’s wandering in and out of the showroom. He dialled a number and waited when a female voice answered.

“Well done, Ruby, he’s gone to look for her. Where is she heading?” He asked, not in desperation but with some mirth. Ruby sighed and whispered her reply.

“I’m following her, she’s heading downtown and we’re near and old warehouse or an old sugar factory I think.” She told him half heartedly.

Alan gave a cold laugh and praised Ruby who cut across, anger getting the better of her. “I don’t see the point in this, Alan. I don’t want to do this anymore.” Alan stopped laughing abruptly and grimaced. “Ruby, what do you mean? You trashed your own father’s showroom for a diversion. You can’t back out now. Don’t prove useless like everyone else,” Alan gritted his teeth, thinking over previous events and losing his temper. “-all those idiots who can’t follow a simple instruction to kill the boy but murder his driver and bodyguard instead,” he spat at no-one in particular.

Ruby gasped and suddenly stopped while she watched Isabelle from afar. She wandering around a bus stop covered in graffiti but she knew she wasn’t waiting for a bus. Ruby shook her head clear of the thoughts and concentrated on the mad man at the other end of the line. She had heard the news of Thomas’s death. She hadn’t known him but he’d accompanied Nathan to London and died. Alan had told her of the reports which he had got wrong himself but this was new information he did no tell her the day before.

“You mean, you sent those men to kill Nathan? But they killed Thomas instead?” Ruby said in astonishment, feeling the sick rise up to her dry throat. She heard Alan chuckle in delight.

“Yes I did, but the idiots can’t tell the different. Poor Thomas got stopped just at the bottom of my street and died. It all went wrong and the attackers fled but now I need you Ruby. Isabelle is alone, I’ll be there soon. Keep an eye on her and don’t let her out of your sight.”

And with that he hung up, leaving Ruby alone and lost in her thoughts. Her eyes flickered up to see Isabelle, leaning against the wall, sobbing and sniffing. She had followed Isabelle out the house subtly when she stalked out. Ruby was sneaky enough so Belle's parents didn’t see her whilst they argued with each other and to be honest they probably don’t know Isabelle had left either. She hid in the shadows as much as possible, completely ignored as Belle trudged past, only sending her little brother a look of apology before she wandered off. Ruby swallowed a huge gulp. Instead of keeping and eye on Belle, she walked away.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

I kicked a little stone with my feet, stuffing my hands into my pockets and clenching them into fists to keep warm. I leaned onto the unstable bus stop, it creaked as I put my weight on it. I looked around, my eyes falling onto the old, burned factory that got ruined some years ago. I don’t know why I came here, it was the only place quite deserted with a few homeless people that were clearly eyeing me.