-Chapter 24-

New chapter! Hope you guys like it and please comment what you think about it :) Oh and there's a picture of Oreo on the side :3

_____________________________________________________________________________

-Nathan Blake-

I was completely taken aback by this sudden appearance. I gawped at him, his malevolent smile, enough to send shivers down my spine. I sigh softly, then start laughing at myself when there was nothing remotely funny to laugh about. He stood straight, a dangerous gleam in his dark eyes and a smile of mirth displayed on his face.

“What’s wrong Nathan? Cat got your tongue?” He jokes and I stand up, unfolding myself from the chair. I’m just as tall as him. I see him straining to seem bigger, to show some superiority. I push that aside, looking at him intently.

“Uncle Alan, what brings you here?” I question, scratching the stubble on my chin. I’d only shaved last night too. The prickling hair on my chin tarnished my skin. However Uncle Alan looked amused; almost thrilled at the sight of me. I wasn’t as delighted by is sudden reappearance after years, though I didn’t loathe him as my mother does or like my father did.

“What, I haven’t seen my nephew for 4 years that means I’m not allowed to?” He questions, pushing back his dark hair, revealing a scar, a small dent on his forehead. It marred his skin that was pale in the office light.

“No, not at all, it’s just…we didn’t even get a call off you when Dad died.” I remind him. He hadn’t shown up and I didn’t expect him to. On spur of the moment, the disgust and repugnance towards my Uncle bubbled inside me. Like sick riding up your throat and spewing out everywhere. I bit the inside of my mouth while a covetous look passed my Uncles face.

“Oh about that, sorry to hear about it,” He shrugs, sitting on the desk, his tone neutral showing no sigh of remorse after he taunted my father for years. I believed that he was part of the reasons my Dad was so stressed. I knew my uncle for being greedy and power hungry, yet persuasive with words.

“He was your brother,” I go on, trying to make him even feel a little guilty and regretful, but he remained stubborn. He smiled down at my desk that turned into a seething look. That poor table. But still he showed no sympathy.

He scoffed, disguising it as a laugh. I could see the cold stare on me, soon replaced by a sly smile. “I know, such a shame I couldn’t come, wasn’t it a small, secret funeral you had, yeah, couldn’t make it, sorry.” Although he didn’t sound sorry, there was merriment to his voice.

I clear my throat, ignoring his lack of sympathy towards his brother. Nevertheless, his delighted stare remained on me, looks of acquisition crossing his eyes. “How has London been?” I ask him. He murmurs in an undertone at first before speaking aloud.

“It’s good, its home, but I’m here for a couple of weeks,” he grins widely, a furtive look on me. “I hear you’re married.” He says in a low whisper.

I sit back down on my seat, smiling widely. “Yeah I am,” I say coolly. I saw my uncle narrow his eyes slightly.

“Did you Dad make you get married,” he said in a dull tone, my smile fades and I stare formidably at him.