-Chapter 31-

So you all have been so kindly patient and here is the chapter you have waited for, read on :)

___________________________________________________________

-Isabelle Blake-

I nervously bit my finger nails while Nathan restlessly paced in our room. Thomas is dead? I just can’t believe that and I refuse to believe that. I cannot say he was a close friend but now I realise how much we talked and laughed and we both adored Oreos. Nathan told everyone of the incident. How the car got stopped and attacked, how Thomas tried to protect Nathan and ended up getting stabbed. Nathan was fine but Nathan watched him die. Just like he saw his father die. Watching people die in front of you must be traumatising, and still to this say I can’t believe I watched Mr. Blake pass away. Nathan had called Thomas’s family back in London who would be giving him a small funeral. They must have been devastated. The thing that still confuses me is that it was on the way to his Uncle’s house and how he happened to have turned up at the moment Thomas died.

I choked on a sob and wiped away the tears falling down my red cheeks. I hadn’t realised Nathan had stopped pacing and put an arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder, his head leaning on mine and his soft tousled hair tickled my forehead.

“He’s dead?” I ask through a small sniff. Then he wraps both his arms around me, pressing me close to his body so I put my hand onto his chest, feeling his beating heart.

“He’s dead.” He breathes and I feel myself go weak. “And,” Nathan goes on, using his index finger to lift my chin up so our eyes met. “he told me to tell you to take care of Oreos.”

Now that’s killed me. Thomas had been working for the Blake’s for years, he’d been injured before but now he dead. I have no idea how Nathan must be feeling but he looked dreadful, his eyes were red and blood shot, his hair messy and he looked so miserable. Now he seemed a bit more controlled but still troubled, and I was so happy that I’d tell my parents the truth but how could I now? I wanted Nathan to be with me when I did but now was not the time.

We heard a knock and our heads snapped up, yet we stayed in each others embrace and I didn’t want him to let go. Caroline appeared at the door and shut it behind her, her face was gloomy and she looked terrible too.

“Hi guys,” she whispered and joined me. Nathan let go and stood up, one hand in his pocket and the other scratching his scalp, but he looked a okay now. “Can you believe he’s gone?” Caroline says and I look at her, shaking my head. There’s yelping at the door and sounds of paws hitting it. Nathan opens it and Oreo rushes in, reminding me of Thomas more.

“Well he’s gone to a better place,” Nathan says, almost coolly like Thomas’s death wasn’t a complete shock. His dad died but he was expecting it, yet he seems to have dealt with Thomas passing away. “Let’s just leave it at that.”

He didn’t say it harshly but I can’t believe he said it. We can’t just forget it or forget Thomas. “You’re not sad that he’s dead?” I ask and he furrows his eyebrows. “Of course I am but what can we do? Thomas was a great guy but he’s dead. I’m sorry. The police back in London have questioned me and let me go. They're trying to find the murderer.” He shrugs and gently strokes Oreo behind the ears. I approach him, kneeling down next to him placing my hand on his cheek. I feel him tremble at my touch and then tense up. I wanted to hug him and bury my face into his chest but he started shaking.